Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lukas, this has always been a low level tournament. I think it is good that there are some low level tourneys, but the problem this year is Davis Cup in the same week. They should have chosen another week.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Newport Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 8, 2015)

^ I know it's the same story every year. But I think enough is enough, and it should be moved to week after Roland Garros, so Wimbledon would be the last grass event of the season. I'm sure cut-off would be much higher.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

^ I know it's the same story every year. But I think enough is enough, and it should be moved to week after Roland Garros, so Wimbledon would be the last grass event of the season. I'm sure cut-off would be much higher.
My guess is that it would be even lower. Aside from americans going home after a R2 exit in paris, who would fly from france to the US and back to europe again if the could just stay in europe?

·
41,410 Posts

Flying over Atlatntic for one tournament, I don't believe it will be attractive.

·
MONSOON season.
81,320 Posts
Re: Newport Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 10, 2015)

Maybe Doud can get some much-needed points here :yeah:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Re: Main Draw

Where's Groth at? Amazed he isn't here given he sort of made his break through at this level here in 2014

EDIT: just realised about the Davis Cup.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts