Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone and their grandma can beat Krajicek at the moment but Donaldson still saw space to drop a set. To be fair, Krajicek has won sets in his most recent matches.

Glad Jared pulled through though :yeah:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Newport 1R: Krajicek on a 9-match losing streak, lt. Donaldson 7-6 (5) 3-6 6-2

Anyone and their grandma can beat Krajicek at the moment but Donaldson still saw space to drop a set. To be fair, Krajicek has won sets in his most recent matches.

Glad Jared pulled through though :yeah:
Losing streak at ATP events?

He just won a match in last weeks challenger.

·
MONSOON season.
82,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Newport 1R: Krajicek on a 9-match losing streak, lt. Donaldson 7-6 (5) 3-6 6-2

Losing streak at ATP events?

He just won a match in last weeks challenger.
Oops. Not updated on the ITF profile's playing activity and I missed it.

Had the score wrong too. I swear I haven't been drinking :sobbing:

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
I don't understand what's happening to Krajicek. He looked to be having a solid season, qualified in Memphis, reached the QF (beating Karlovic, Kukushkin on the way, taking a set off Nishikori), Qualified in Miami and beat Istomin before losing to Tomic in a close one, won a challenger in Mexico and then the sudden collapse. 1 out of 10 since April, lost on grass to the likes of Mertens (grass mug) and Schoorel (he struggles in the ITF circuit, coming from an injury), barely beat Crepaldi last week and lost in straights to Bossel

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've watched Donaldson several times on the USTA Challenger circuit on both hard and clay in the last year, and each time he has that poor first-serve %age. Very effective serve when he gets it in and usually looks to finish the point on the next shot, so it's a combination with good potential, but definitely something to work on with the percentages there.

I'd be very disappointed if he lost to Smith in R2, far superior talent to the Aussie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts