Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I think a lot of people gave Kwon no chance today. But he's really a solid player with great potential. Raonic will be disappointed, he can definitely play better. But every match Kwon has played against decent opposition, he's performed well.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,386 Posts
Milos served 33 aces and still went down. Amazing resilience by Kwon, saved 7/7 break pts.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,386 Posts
Lethargic stuff from Raonic. He played like that against Moutet in the last 250 he played this year too.
Serve was good but his return let him down. Kwon won over 65% of his own 2nd service pts.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Milos served 33 aces and still went down. Amazing resilience by Kwon, saved 7/7 break pts.
Yes, I think he was down 0-40 twice, but then played some very good points to get back to deuce. Showing better mental strength these days, I wonder how far he can go.

·
Registered
21,071 Posts
Probably, but he'd probably have to put his energy into doing it instead of peaking at slams/bigger tournaments. Appears he's not capable of doing both anymore.
He’s consistent in slams but issue he’ll never go all the way to win it. I think he should try to win titles instead tbh.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Hoping this is Kwon's breakthrough. He has a lot of talent and is fun to watch.
I hope so, he's had a few nice results at tour level but not been able to back it up with a decent run. this North American swing might be his chance though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This was a good win for Kwon, he's quite skillful: solid on both wings, decent enough serve for his height, moves well and even quite good at the net.

·
Registered
21,154 Posts
Probably, but he'd probably have to put his energy into doing it instead of peaking at slams/bigger tournaments. Appears he's not capable of doing both anymore.
How things have changed since you used to quote all of my posts regarding Milos Raonic's ranking. I said that he would never be a consistent top 10 player like Tomas Berdych and it has turned out to be true. He had two stints, about a year and a half each time, in the top 10. Tomas Berdych must have spent around 7 solid years in the top 10.

I wondered why you hadn't pulled me up on this for a while... ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts