Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Poor Sock. This scoreline shows just how far away he really is from re-establishing himself on the singles tour.

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's probably because I'm French, but I am a bit suprised Humbert goes under the radar like this. He is starting to become a real threat: some very good performances last year, including his Wimbledon run where he had not lost a set before giving a difficult task to Djokovic, have been amplified this year by a tournament win and more stability. He is still very young so he might be a future member of Next gen contenders, IMO.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It's probably because I'm French, but I am a bit suprised Humbert goes under the radar like this. He is starting to become a real threat: some very good performances last year, including his Wimbledon run where he had not lost a set before giving a difficult task to Djokovic, have been amplified this year by a tournament win and more stability. He is still very young so he might be a future member of Next gen contenders, IMO.
he is on my radar for sure! i like his fearless attacking tennis, especially compared to many other of the french players

Reactions: Rumour

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
what difficult task to Djokovic? He won 8 games and was pretty bad.

No sets lost? He was down 0-2 sets to Monfils before Monfils ended up retiring in the fifth

A lot of misconceptions/lies for one small post

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Many of my favourite NextGen players are struggling right now, so it's good to see one not just win against a player he's supposed to beat but also do it convincingly. I'd love for Humbert to win the title but he has to get by Kecmanovic, who he's done poorly against, first.

Also, why the hell is Sock even coming up in this thread? He's unranked and didn't even deserve a WC IMO. How exactly Giron getting a beatdown after their match is so noteworthy escapes me.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Makes Sock look godawful but doesn’t necessarily mean much. Remember when Thiem beat Dull and then lost 6-1 6-0 to Novak right after in Rome?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts