Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good tournament for Edmund to get some mojo back. Auckland was one already but he didn't make the most of that.

This is when it's good to have 250's. When it's not just scrubs playing, and that's rarely the case with current depth.

Very good match. Edmund gutted it out, was actually clutch.

FH was bossing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Pretty even match, Kwon dominating the first set and Edmund the second while the third was split. Lots of great points in the tie break, shame it ended on a double fault.

Kwon is a talent, a solid top 50 player, and Edmund may be coming into a bit of form but I'll hold my tongue - I've been burned by having hope for him too many times.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
edmund needs to have a good result

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
After the last two years it's difficult to get too excited about Kyle anymore but still a tournament where he's actually strung some wins together and got past a tricky opponent tonight.

Miomir will probably be the end of this run.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Shame.

Edmund going through the easy route in life once more with this event.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,386 Posts
Shame.

Edmund going through the easy route in life once more with this event.
Not sure he would get through Milos had the previous round reversed. It's been forever since Edmund went deep in events.

·
The special one
13,857 Posts
Good to see Kyle get on track here. He's a very streaky player, can go months without a win and then suddenly put together a winning streak, consistency will never be strong point.

Kecmanovic Seppi/Jung to beat so he's got a great shot at winning a 2nd career title.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Haven't followed the SA#3 at all lately, just saw that he is ranked below #60 ATM. Thought he should be permanently ranked inside the top 30 with his abilities, but now after checking the rankings, the top 40 look absolutely stacked currently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts