Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first set wasn't competitive Ugo was dominating his service games and surprisingly also had the upper-hand in the rallies, normally a strongpoint of the young Serb. Maybe it's one of his offdays I was thinking after the first set as he didn't even have a look for a break in that set and the Frenchman had broken once and that was more then enough to win the first set.

When the second set started and Ugo couldn't cash in on a 15-40 score on Misha's serve everything slowly started to shift in favor of the Serb. It's not that much of Ugo's wrongdoing but Misha started to read Ugo's serve much better and started to be his usual consistent self in the rallies. So the longer the rallies went the more there was of a chance that Ugo hit an UE. Misha had already broken once and broke Ugo again on 5-2 for the set.

The third set was rather very good after the more one-sided first two sets. T'ill a bad service game by Ugo at 5-4 - 0-40 so Misha had three matchpoints, he wasted one and got it on the second UE by Humbert. All in all it was good to see that Miomir after a disastrous first set could change the tide by upping his level. He's always such a calm guy, he reminds me a lot of Milos Raonic in that regard. Semifinals now, I'm happy with that already!

Of the youngsters (he's still only 20) he's got the least hype here on MTF, but he's also one of the best and consistent baseliners with a massive backhand down the line. The only thing he really needs to improve is his movement/speed. He's rather build massive/bulky (what's the right word?) when compared to others of the so called next gen.

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
Kecmanovic built massive/bulky?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He looked like a bodybuilder compared to Herbert..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Of the youngsters (he's still only 20) he's got the least hype here on MTF, but he's also one of the best and consistent baseliners with a massive backhand down the line. The only thing he really needs to improve is his movement/speed. He's rather build massive/bulky (what's the right word?) when compared to others of the so called next gen.
I agree with you, Kecmanovic has not much hype here on MTF, but he is surely top 20 material by the end of the year to my opinion.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isn't much hype because the guy is boring as hell, basically a servebot pusher. He is pretty good at what he does, but that's about it.
You could always find another hobby mate, tennis most def is not for you.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kecmanovic does seem to be a bit of a pusher, can't fault him yet as he's climbing up the rankings but he's approaching his ceiling quickly

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did anyone watch a match of him, he's really consistent but that's not the definition of a pusher now is it? He rarely just puts the ball back through the middle, he executes his kill shots carefully and when he does they're blasting off in corners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts