Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edmund's legacy grows.

GS SF, 2 Titles

A few nerves kept Edmund from striking earlier in the first, but he turned it up in the 12th game and left no doubt in how he broke.

Seppi was nice but too vanilla, nice counter punching at times but couldn't initiate offense enough.

Edmund closed it beautifully. Good to see such talent find momentum again.

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice win for Kyle, I've been critical of him in the past but I'm super happy to see him playing well again - he's much better than what his ranking suggests. Looks like Seppi injured himself in the second, hope it's not too bad.

Edit: They should just let the artworks be the trophy, it's much better than a generic vase.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Good win for kyle, serve was working really well this week. Took his chance end of first set with fantastic BHDTL.

It's a step forward back in top 50. Is he playing Delray beach?

·
Banned
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good win for kyle, serve was working really well this week. Took his chance end of first set with fantastic BHDTL.

It's a step forward. Is he playing Delray beach?
Humbert R1! Then possibly Kecmanovic again... tough draw but it's on his racquet, as long as he won't be too tired

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Tough quarter...potentially Krygios in quarters aswell. Don't really expect back to back titles but a few more wins would be good to keep momentum into sunshine double where he'll be a dangerous unseeded player.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
should give him a little confidence, but we will see if this was a fluke or the start of a comeback of sorts

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Seppi was barely moving in the end, looks like he was hindered by injury.
Solid stuff by Edmund though. Only Kwon could have beaten him and he kinda choked after MB up.

·
Banned
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seppi was barely moving in the end, looks like he was hindered by injury.
Solid stuff by Edmund though. Only Kwon could have beaten him and he kinda choked after MB up.
Nah, he kinda didnt. He redlined to get a MB up, Edmund answered in class.

·
Premium Member
12,429 Posts
Edmund is a bizarre player. He has a top 20 game, but then can get that same wide eyed look on his face as many ball strikers before him and then he plays like he is outside the top 100.

·
Banned
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DF on MP was kinda chokey though. Other than that Edmund did hit 3-4 winners in a row.
At that point Edmund led. You said Kwon choked from MB up.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Well done Kyle, I think that win over Kwon was great for him, I was impressed. Kwon playing at a high level and fearlessly but Edmund produced his best under pressure.
Has a tough match to start in Delray Beach v Humbert but Humbert hasn't had any good results since his title in Auckland.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
More talented player lost. Bad for the game.
Hopefully someone sends the albino mug back to mediocrity where he belongs.

·
Registered
10,317 Posts
Wow, I totaly missed this week's Sexpi action. :D :love:??

I see he beat annoying Dzumhur 7-6 in the third, Johnson, Thompson in 3, Jung, before falling to Edmund. Great week and much needed ranking boost.

I also see Isner and Raobot lost in 2nd round, wtf was that? :ROFLMAO:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts