JUNG, Jason TPE 121
MADEN, Yannick GER 126
HARRIS, Lloyd RSA 127

Source: Official Player Acceptance List

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
tiafoe with a wildcard

since sock not mentioned here i wonder if he's out.

http://newyorkopen.com/news/2019/02/07/frances-tiafoe-joins-strong-american-field-for-2019-new-york-open-field-at-nycb-live/

New York Open ATP World Tour Tennis Tournament - Official Site | Frances Tiafoe Joins Strong American Field For 2019 New York Open Field At NYCB Live

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (February 7, 2019) – Frances Tiafoe, one of the rising stars in American men’s tennis, will join the field at next week’s 2019 New York Open. The 21-year-old recently made a statement showing at the 2019 Australian Open last month, falling in the quarterfinals to eventual runner-up and second-ranked player in the world, Rafael Nadal.

Tiafoe, ranked No. 30 in the ATP world rankings, will be searching for his second career title.

The addition of Tiafoe to the singles draw gives the event – which begins on Sunday, Feb. 10 – a loaded field of top American talent, with the top-three men’s players from the United States all descending upon the greater New York area for the ATP 250 Series event. Joining Tiafoe in the singles draw, will be top-ranked American John Isner (No. 9 overall) and third-ranked Steve Johnson (No. 35 overall). Additionally, the fifth-ranked American, Sam Querrey (No. 48 overall) will be competing.

“Adding Frances to what is already a tremendous and talented field, is very exciting for all of us involved with the New York Open,” said Josh Ripple, Tournament Chairman and co-Tournament Director of the New York Open.

Unfortunately, world No. 5 – and defending New York Open champion – Kevin Anderson will be unable to return to Long Island to defend his title. Anderson had to withdraw from the event, citing an elbow injury suffered during the Australian Open.

“I’m sorry not to be returning to the New York Open this year to defend my title,” Anderson said. “The event kick-started my year in 2018 and I was very excited to return. Unfortunately, my elbow has been giving me problems since the Australian Open and I’m not yet back to full fitness.

Additionally, 19-year-old breakout star, Alex de Minaur, was also forced to pull out of next week citing injury.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts