Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I think credit needs to be given where it's due, and Albot played a heroic match. Karlovic had 37 aces, 81% first serves in, Albot doesn't have the strongest serve, and he still won this somehow. 81% and 37 aces in a 3 setter, this is as good as karlovic can get.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
A few years ago Ivo finished his year losing ten third set tiebreakers in a year. He smashed his Head too leaving the court. Third set tiebreakers have not been kind to Dr. Tiebreakerlovic.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Pretty much shows how useless his baseline game is thesedays.
It's either 7-6 7-6 win or lose :help:

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
It's shocking how bad this guy is in tiebreaks, particularly in final set tiebreaks. You would expect a servebot to win most tiebreaks, but this guy seems to lose most of them. What a useless servebot.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
A few years ago Ivo finished his year losing ten third set tiebreakers in a year.
Out of how many? He's 51% in deciding TB in his career tho.

edit: I've looked into it and in 2015 he lost all the deciding TB he played (0-10), quite amazing.
Haase level. Also in 2010 he didn't play a single deciding TB, granted that he only played Jan-May, still rather surprsing.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
SuperG;40833080[U said:
]A few years ago Ivo finished his year losing ten third set tiebreakers in a year. He smashed his[/U] Head too leaving the court. Third set tiebreakers have not been kind to Dr. Tiebreakerlovic.

... From memory I think it was because he lost at the Paris Masters,his last tournament of the year and he was very close to breaking Ivanisevic's record of 1477 aces for the year.He said beforehand he wanted that record badly and probably knew had he won he would've claimed it in the subsequent match thereafter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It's shocking how bad this guy is in tiebreaks, particularly in final set tiebreaks. You would expect a servebot to win most tiebreaks, but this guy seems to lose most of them. What a useless servebot.
We have had this discussion before, but still: Why would this be the case?

It is a myth, just like who serves first in the final set has an advantage.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
It's shocking how bad this guy is in tiebreaks, particularly in final set tiebreaks.
Why is it that shocking considering he's a mental midget?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ivo is pushing 40, by the time he's into the third set tiebreaker, he's played over two hours and he's probably tired and losing steam. All it takes is that fraction of loss of speed and snap and maybe this explains his poor third set tiebreak record. Or he's acquired a bad case of chokophobia.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
... From memory I think it was because he lost at the Paris Masters,his last tournament of the year and he was very close to breaking Ivanisevic's record of 1477 aces for the year.He said beforehand he wanted that record badly and probably knew had he won he would've claimed it in the subsequent match thereafter.
:D So the greats go after the Slams record, but Dr Ivo knows what's really important :thumbsup:

·
Registered
958 Posts
I watched the match, even tho "watching" was more or less just checking the score to see how soon the TB's were coming.

Karlovic didn't even win a point on Albot's serve in the 2nd and 3rd set tiebreaks. That's awful even for a stiff ass bot like him. He had 0-30 several times during the match, but didn't do anything. It's sad that a dude with so much experience and time on court can't even keep the ball in play for longer than 2-3 hits. Isner improved with time, Karlovic didn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts