Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2018 [13] Sonego & Hurkacz enter

I was offline for two weeks and what we have here.....

HH

:worship: :worship: :worship:

At the beginning of the season he said that his goal was to finish the season in Top50. I think it is quite impossible, but Top100 is also a fantastic result.

Only 4 Poles were in Top100 before: (this is a travesty for such a big country, albeit with small tennis traditions !!!!!!!)

Wojtek Fibak (CH #10 - our best player in history)
Jerzy Janowicz (CH #14, what a mug....)
Lukasz Kubot (CH #41, doubles legend)
Michal Przysiezny (CH #57, "Pencil" :worship:)

and now Hubert ! Great result, c'mon !!!! I hope he qualifies for Milan - if the season ended now he would be the first alternate.

I am not expecting him to win Slams or break to Top10, but a constant Top50 place is surely within his reach.

HH :hatoff:

I met him in person and we talked for like 10 minutes - you will never find more down to earth and humble guy in Top100 ever, he is not a star, he is your regular friend from the neighbourhood and an intelligent one ! And he runs his FB page on his own :)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Andreozzi highest seeded player remaining in Szczecin. If he wins the tournament, he will enter the top 100. Watch out for Molleker, though.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Congratulations to #14 this season - Guido Andreozzi :yeah:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2018 [14] Andreozzi enters

Ugo Umbert and Corentin Moutet are both only three wins at their home tournament in Metz away from entering the top 100 at a very young age. Umbert needs a final and Moutet a semifinal. Yannik Maden also needs three more wins in Metz to reach top 100 and would be even older than Andreozzi. Same for
Adrián Menéndez-Maceiras, wo would need a final in Sankt Petersburg.

·
MONSOON season.
81,389 Posts

Ugo Umbert and Corentin Moutet are both only three wins at their home tournament in Metz away from entering the top 100 at a very young age. Umbert needs a final and Moutet a semifinal. Yannik Maden also needs three more wins in Metz to reach top 100 and would be even older than Andreozzi. Same for
Adrián Menéndez-Maceiras, wo would need a final in Sankt Petersburg.
Maden the only one left with a shot. Bachinger in the QFs is very winnable (though he lost to him in the FQR). And then he'd need one more win.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After several players missed a good opportunity this week, Michael Mmoh reached the semifinal at Tiburon CH and is only two wins away from a guaranteed place in the top 100!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Finally Mmoh makes it !

·
Registered
5,455 Posts

We reached the same number of entrants as last year :bigclap:
4 more needed to equal 2016 :yeah:

·
23,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Congrats to Mmoh -- another young American joining the fray!

Bad news for him though...him not playing this week means he'll drop to at least #101, as he'll drop Stockton Challenger points (loses 25 points).

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2018 [15] Mmoh enters

I don't know if he had planned to take this week off or if he took it off because he won the Tiburon CH?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

I don't know if he had planned to take this week off or if he took it off because he won the Tiburon CH?
He was scheduled to play in Monterrey challenger, bu withdrew because of fatigue.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

He was scheduled to play in Monterrey challenger, bu withdrew because of fatigue.
I thought him winning the Tiburon CH might have had something to do with the week off, but I wasn't for sure. Thanks for the information :)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

Finally Mmoh makes it !
He has surpassed his Father then. Tony Mmoh reached 105 in the rankings in 1987 - which funnily enough is also his CHR in doubles as well. LOL. In doubles he reached the last 16 at the AO in 1987 with fellow Nigerian Nduka "The Duke" Odizor and they beat John Alexander and Johan Kriek in the last 32 there. Tony's last professional matches came at the 1988 Seoul Olympics where he reached the second round in singles and again with Odizor lost to Henri Leconte and Guy Forget in the doubles. :hatoff:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

He has surpassed his Father then. Tony Mmoh reached 105 in the rankings in 1987 - which funnily enough is also his CHR in doubles as well. LOL. In doubles he reached the last 16 at the AO in 1987 with fellow Nigerian Nduka "The Duke" Odizor and they beat John Alexander and Johan Kriek in the last 32 there. Tony's last professional matches came at the 1988 Seoul Olympics where he reached the second round in singles and again with Odizor lost to Henri Leconte and Guy Forget in the doubles. :hatoff:
I had no idea his father even played tennis. Thanks for posting :)

121 - 140 of 176 Posts