Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
81,392 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2016 [16] - Donaldson enters

Olivo in the Top 100 :tape: :lol: One of the most inconsistent players out there.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

Not sure Olivo will reach the top 100 already next week. He is 99 in the live rankings, and the following players can still get past him:
- Pierre Hugues Herbert, by winning against Bemelmans (PHH has more points from GS, so he would be ahead when both have 595 points)
- Dutra Silva by winning Medellin
- either Fratangelo or Tiafoe (he would also be new to the top 100) by winning Tiburon
All three possibilities are not very unlikely. But Olivo has almost no points to defend for the rest of the year, so if not this time, he should manage soon.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

After the diverse upsets last night, Fratangelo losing to Mmoh (356), Tiafoe to McDonald (420), and Dutra Silva to Zampieri (352), I think there is no one left who could overtake Olivo this week. So congratulations to him for being the 17th player to reach the top 100 this year.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2016 [17] - Olivo enters

Congrats to Olivo but may he drop out again soon.
Don`t be so sure, he has nothing to defend but 15 points this year

·
MONSOON season.
81,392 Posts

Don`t be so sure, he has nothing to defend but 15 points this year
I wasn't talking about the likeliness of that happening; I only expressed my wish for him to disappear into the depths of men's tennis.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts

Interesting fact with Olivo's entry: Argentina now has 9 players in top 100, yet their highest ranked player is only #47. I guess that'll change soon. :lol:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

I wasn't talking about the likeliness of that happening; I only expressed my wish for him to disappear into the depths of men's tennis.
Oh, wow.
Meanwhile Tiafoe vs Rubin is on. A win for Frances will get him the same #100 spot that some illuminaries on this thread have achieved. Interestingly the only active player on the top ~500 who has a CH #100 is Vanni, other than Olivo who might change it soon anyway.

·
MONSOON season.
81,392 Posts

Oh, wow.
Meanwhile Tiafoe vs Rubin is on. A win for Frances will get him the same #100 spot that some illuminaries on this thread have achieved. Interestingly the only active player on the top ~500 who has a CH #100 is Vanni, other than Olivo who might change it soon anyway.
I don't care for his game and I despise his personality. He is a bit of a rat on court, with serious anger-management issues and a complete lack of sportsmanship. There aren't many players I dislike more :D

161 - 180 of 195 Posts