Mens Tennis Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2016 [18] - Tiafoe enters

Where does Tiafoe rank in terms of youngest players to enter the Top 100?
Recently? He's 18ys 8ms. Fritz was 18ys 4ms when he entered earlier this year. Zverev 18ys 1m last year. Coric 17ys 11ms in 2014. Bernard Tomic was also a couple of days younger. So he's 5th youngest among players born in the 90s.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

We should really have a thread like on TF where we comment about those players who never got into the top 100 despite many chances.
Many Wimbledon WC recipient Alex Bogdanovic comes to mind.

Congrats to all the guys who made it, :worship:

·
MONSOON season.
81,394 Posts

We should really have a thread like on TF where we comment about those players who never got into the top 100 despite many chances.
Many Wimbledon WC recipient Alex Bogdanovic comes to mind.

Congrats to all the guys who made it, :worship:
To be honest, Bogdanovic only came somewhat close once and even then it didn't look likely that he would crack the Top 100. Him making the Top 100 would have been an utter joke too. Couldn't win on a single one of his many Wimbledon WCs.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

To be honest, Bogdanovic only came somewhat close once and even then it didn't look likely that he would crack the Top 100. Him making the Top 100 would have been an utter joke too. Couldn't win on a single one of his many Wimbledon WCs.
Is he worse than some players who have made it? I've been watching tennis for thirty odd years, Johnny Groove could beat some that have been there.
Anyway, this could be a great topic to discuss in another thread.

·
MONSOON season.
81,394 Posts

Is he worse than some players who have made it? I've been watching tennis for thirty odd years, Johnny Groove could beat some that have been there.
Anyway, this could be a great topic to discuss in another thread.
I seriously can't think of a single player who made the Top 100 who is worse than Bogdanovic. At his peak, I don't think he was anything special. This is compounded by two additional weaknesses: a lack of consistency and a game that is suited to few surfaces.

Edit: Maybe Austin Krajicek.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

I seriously can't think of a single player who made the Top 100 who is worse than Bogdanovic. At his peak, I don't think he was anything special. This is compounded by two additional weaknesses: a lack of consistency and a game that is suited to few surfaces.

I don't think Boggo was that good either and I have watched a lot of his matches, but I have seen worse performances out there.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts

Medvedev is #101 in live ranking - just one win away from entering.
He needs to beat Pavlasek in Bratislava CH SF.
Would be an adequate end to a great year for him. Started the year as #329.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts

Medvedev is already the sixth player this year to reach the top 100 before their 21st birthday. Good news, indeed.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: New to the top 100 - 2016 [19] - Medvedev enters

Argentine duo of Guido Andreozzi and Nicolas Kicker are the two remaining players with chances. They both need to win the whole thing in Montevideo and hope that others rated higher don't do well.

There's even chance that they make it next week when rating of Nishioka and Cervantes falls.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts

Can't say I think that, Krajicek is still a decent player, despite his current low ranking, he has a recent win over Chiudinelli for example.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts