Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blake overpriced against Hanescu, though saying that, does Hanescu figure to have much of a chance? Yesterday, Tommy missed 100%... yes... 100% of his break points. That's out of a total of 13 chances. Yes. THIRTEEN chances, 11 of which were in the final set. Those two sets that Hanescu managed to win in, it went 6-4 both times. No need for explanations as it's self explanatory, but still, that means that had Robredo been able to convert just a mere 25% of his break points, he could have annihilated Victor in that third set. As the match progressed, Hanescu was having to fight hard simply to hold his serve. With Blake playing far better and more consistently than Robredo in every category, I have little faith in the Romanian's chances.

Ferrer v. Lopez; Ferrer is well priced on this one. What I'd note is that while they've both obviously won their last three matches to get here, Ferrer's been accomplishing the task with a considerably greater degree of ease. Lopez went 1-6 in the second set against Verdasco, and dropped the first set against Spadea. He's generally not that good on hard court, especially in recent times. Ferrer's been playing a better overall game, especially on return of service. There's much reason for backing him in this match.

With that said, while I was too pussy to do it yesterday, today I'll go for Blake X Ferrer at the best price I can find.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
its.like.that said:
Yer, Feli will find his feet once he returns to the dirt.

:)
Another words Power point is on Lopez!!!! :rolleyes:
Blake is locked in!!!

Blake/Ferrer double,just waiting for Jim for the stars to align b4 droppin da units!!!btw Jim could you check if Feli is on your PP list!!!! ;) cheers for the work ur doing!!!

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Blake is a good price, nail him.

As for Ferrer/Lopez. If I had to call it I'd say Ferrer but I'm not as confident as you guys so I'm gonna leave it.

Good luck anyways :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At 2.75 or however you've got it, Mauresmo has to be worth a backing against Davenport too. Yes, I won't be taking part in this one, but in all seriousness, there's plenty of good reason why Mauresmo's in with an excellent chance, not least the amount that Lindsay's been double faulting.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
MistaFlava's Semi-Final Selection

David Ferrer over F. Lopez -136/1.74 (10 Units)

Ferrer has been cash money in recent weeks and he looks to be in better form. Feli is still having a lot of problems with his 2nd serve % which will cost him dearly in a match like this one. Both players have spent an equal amount of time on the court this week (Ferrer = 3 hours 51 minutes, Feli = 4 hours 7 minutes) so fatigue won't be a factor. Ferrer is better suited for the hardcourts and although Feli has also done well, I like Ferrer a lot in this one.

Good Luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mistaflava said:
Feli is still having a lot of problems with his 2nd serve % which will cost him dearly in a match like this one.
Ferrer's overall second serve points % in the tournament is no better than Feli's except by about 5 percent. On the poorest occasion, Ferrer managed to score less than half, which is worse Lopez in any match of the tournament.

The place where Ferrer does have a clear and consistent advantage, though, is in return points. And since Lopez hasn't been that great on his own service, Ferrer can overwhelm him and capitalise with his strong defense.

I'm with you on this one. Let's just hope David produces the goods.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
NewTennisFan said:
Ferrer's overall second serve points % in the tournament is no better than Feli's except by about 5 percent. On the poorest occasion, Ferrer managed to score less than half, which is worse Lopez in any match of the tournament.

The place where Ferrer does have a clear and consistent advantage, though, is in return points. And since Lopez hasn't been that great on his own service, Ferrer can overwhelm him and capitalise with his strong defense.

I'm with you on this one. Let's just hope David produces the goods.

good luck bro

·
Registered
45,653 Posts
LOL....

5 dimes took blake game off the board now....

i got him at +275....wonder if they'll honor that bet.....hmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
happy928 said:
LOL....

5 dimes took blake game off the board now....

i got him at +275....wonder if they'll honor that bet.....hmmmmmmmmm
5 dimes are shitting bricks ring up and pound on Blake more so they dont get up while they're down hit em wit Ferrer for the knockout blow!! ;) good luck on ur plays happy!!!

·
Registered
45,653 Posts
sports freak said:
5 dimes are shitting bricks ring up and pound on Blake more so they dont get up while they're down hit em wit Ferrer for the knockout blow!! ;) good luck on ur plays happy!!!
they just voided my bet......

it would've been nice.......$670 to win little over $1850

:sad: gl bro! i'm on ferrer, linz, and Blake master!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts