Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm a big Tim Henman fan...he's def one of my favs (just behind Juan Carlos, but I would root for Tim over JC at Wimby!) Anyway, I think it's great that there's a forum for him, as it's hard to find Tim Henman fans it seems. I don't know why, as I think he's one of the nicest guys on tour, and he's a fighter and real gentleman. I saw where someone had stuff about Cincy and meeting Tim in person posted. I've seen Tim in person at Cincy just last week...don't know that that counts as actually meeting him though. He signed my Wimby bag too! I was quite excited. I also watched his match on Centre Court...glad that he beat Guga! I think he stands an excellent shot at making the TMC this year too! Let's hope!

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Hi, Miss Juanqui! :wavey:

Great name. ;) Are you me, by any chance. Our two faves are exactly the same and in the exact same order. :D

I don't understand why so few people like Timmy either. :confused: What you said about his is so true. He's also intelligent and gives great interviews. AND he has the coolest official website of the lot, imo. He writes there every week and answers questions. How many players can say the same?

You're so lucky that you got to see him in person. Did he say anything to his fans? I sort of knew he would beat Guga, but I was shocked and disappointed at his early exit. I hope he finds his true form this week and especially at the US Open. His record at slams is so poor :(.

But I agree that he has an excellent shot at making the TMC. He's been pretty consistent all year and I'm sure he will have some great results on the hard courts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Miss_Juanqui! Great to see you here at the Hill! :wavey:
I agree with all that both of you said about Tim! I wish so many of those people didn't dislike Tim so much. The poor guy, he seems really nice, thoughtful, philosophical, articulate, such a gentleman! I really hope he does well, too! He does indeed stand a good chance to get to Shanghai, and since he narrowly missed last year, I think it's one of his goals this year. Hope it's fulfilled!
Well, anyway, nice to meet you, Miss_Juanqui! Post often, as there are few of us regulars here..hehe! :)

ps. I like Juan Carlos, too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Layla!

Wow, you like JC and then Timmy? I can't believe it! I thought I was the only one who could like such opposites...well, in terms of style of play, fav slam and such. Tim is always nice with his fans. He signed tons of autographs, and he jokes around on the practice court. He made me laugh. Btw, how did you get that pic of JC under your name? I've seen other people have that, and I wondered how. I would like to have a pic of JC or Tim under my name. If you could give me some info, I'd appreciate it! Thx!

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
No, you're not the only one. :D You're right, it never occured to me that it would be strange to have two such different faves.

The pic under my name is called an avatar. If you want it, click on the user cp button at the top of the page, then click edit options. At the bottom of the box you will find the avatar option and you can choose wichever you want. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm also new here and a BIG fan of Tim!
In Holland this is highly unusual, there's no-one I know that likes Tim, but I've been watching tennis since 2000 and since then I've been a fan too. He's great, intelligent, well I just like him a lot!

At least there are Henman fans over here! :)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Hi, Henmaniac! :wavey:

I'm so glad more and more fans are coming to Henman Hill. Soon it will be time for our picnic, when harry potter gets back.

Yes, Tim is not very popular in other countries. What can I say, people are strange. :confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Henmaniac,
I don't want to be so boring and repeat everything, so all I'll say is a massive HI!!!! :wavey: I like your username!:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you, Go Tim :)

Layla --> Thanks. I don't know what it is either, what's wrong with Tim? Nah, who cares, at least some of us know he's cool, and they can be find here :D

Thenman --> Thank you, you have a very original username! Mine is far less original but thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
WELCOME BACK, HARRY POTTER!

:bounce:

Of course we can have our picnic. I think the picnic should officially start at the beginning of the first match at the US Open. And as far as I'm concerned it can last throughout the tournament. And I excpect you to give a full report of your adventures in Europe over wine and cheese (or whatever else grabs your fancy). :D

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
THE PICNIC HAS BEGUN!!! :D :D

hi Layla! :wavey: how touching *sniff* :D i don't like cheese and i'm not allowed to drink wine :p but the pizza was great and the best was NO MCDONALD'S!!! well, hardly any, at least, not every 20 steps like in hong kong... :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts