Select

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is round 1 of 2 of the Appeal Moderator voting process. The members in the poll above are those that have made the shortlist to become the next Appeal Moderator. Vote for whoever you think will be suitable for the role. Once this stage is over, the 3 candidates with the most votes will be placed in a 2nd and final poll, where the Appeal Moderator will be decided.

The poll is public, however you may PM your votes to me if you prefer to do so.

Once you have made your choice you won't be able to change it, so take your time deciding. Voting closes a week from now.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Is the poll in no particular order? Because I can't help but feel that being first in the poll and being overall favorite can't be a coincidence.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's in a random order. But there's no stopping you considering yourself the number 1 seed, mate.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
There are names there that I don't even know! So I voted for a friend :) To clarify my voting an Appeals Mod to me is a person in a position to help people. Dylan has been in a position in other areas to help me and he has never failed to help me.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
next time perhaps you could make a gallery with the guys' avatars, coz i'm having a hard time to figure who was who and i can imagine this counts for many :)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
and p.s. i'm not sure this kind of democracy is ultimately a good thing for a forum.

May the best man win.

·
Rankings Master
15,650 Posts
next time perhaps you could make a gallery with the guys' avatars, coz i'm having a hard time to figure who was who and i can imagine this counts for many :)
Avatars come and go, but you can always use the search feature to find their posts, which will speak for them much more than their avatars.;)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
yeah, that would be the response if one doesn't really bother.

Truth is though that people remember mostly by avi, than name and having a longer term avatar is also a sign, kinda, when it is about one who should be our Solomon..

I'm positive there would be more votes if someone bothered making the research for the lazy members around, instead of them recognizing one name, going like - "naaah, no way lol" and just skipping the vote.

But it's just an idea, up to you guys anyway.

·
Registered
21,287 Posts
Voted for every candidate :p
So it's a multiple choice poll? Interesting. I'll only chose 1 though. That would be Time Violation because when he was a mod, I felt he was one of the better mods on here so I feel he'll do a good job in this role.

I hope people are actually voting for users who are they feel are the most capable in doing this role instead of voting for users who are popular/they like more.

·
Rankings Master
15,650 Posts
So it's a multiple choice poll? Interesting. I'll only chose 1 though. That would be Time Violation because when he was a mod, I felt he was one of the better mods on here so I feel he'll do a good job in this role.

I hope people are actually voting for users who are they feel are the most capable in doing this role instead of voting for users who are popular/they like more.
Yeah, voting for everyone is equal to voting for nobody, in which case, ProdigyEng wasted his time. :lol:

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Why not let the candidates do a small introduction with their idea on the task?

How did you find those candidates? Did you contact certain users to find out if they'd be willing to apply for the job or did they volunteer?
If you contacted them, why those posters in particular?

·
Registered
21,287 Posts

How did you find those candidates? Did you contact certain users to find out if they'd be willing to apply for the job or did they volunteer?
People volunteered if I'm not wrong because few days ago Sham Kay made an announcement saying they needed someone for this appeal mod position because viruzzz decided to quit. and it seems that these are the users that decided to volunteer for this.

·
Rankings Master
15,650 Posts
If the candidates wish to do so, they are of course free to do it in this thread.

Applications were open the entire last week. Every candidate has submitted an application during the week, all are volunteers.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Voted

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Yeah it was free to volunteer.
Also think a small introduction wouldn't work as I think it is best for the MTF community to vote.
But we should start a campaign at trash talking
Your Girlfriends are like hoovers they suck they blow and get laid in the closet.

Also didn't know the poll was multi choice so I choose myself can the mods add a vote to emotion for me.

This job is very repetitive Motorhead, pusher for life ,COAW and Newcomer ;) rinse and repeat

·
Registered
21,287 Posts
Yeah it was free to volunteer.
Also think a small introduction wouldn't work as I think it is best for the MTF community to vote.
But we should start a campaign at trash talking
Your Girlfriends are like hoovers they suck they blow and get laid in the closet.

Also didn't know the poll was multi choice so I choose myself can the mods add a vote to emotion for me.

This job is very repetitive Motorhead, pusher for life ,COAW and Newcomer ;) rinse and repeat
I was looking at the poll and it seems you are not the only who has voted for themselves :eek:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts