Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lucky netcord ball at 5:5 in the TB of the first basically led to Gonzalez' self destruction. Great S+V though from Kiefer. :yeah: He went to the net 36 times. :)

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
disastrous result for Gonzo (and the game of tennis)

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
It was spectacular self-destruction after the lucky netcord. Gonzo basically went back to his irresponsible ball-bashing ways after that and the match was basically over.

Gonzo deserved the jeering he got from the crowd.

Kiefer calmly played his game and deserved the win.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
The typical Crapnando Mugzalez showed up today, esp. in the second set.
At least he won a couple matches unlike all the other Masters contenders...

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
The Netcord has been ridiculous throughout the entire tournament.

Nevertheless, it was a horrible performance from Gonzo. I like Gonzo, but I wish he were not going to Shanghai. Personally, I don't feel like he deserves a spot there, but, of course the rankings may say otherwise. It was just really pathetic the way he lost the plot over one netcord ball:eek: I'm no fan of Kiefer, so it was really disappointing to see Gonzo let this slip through his fingers without putting up a fight. Kiefer didn't exactly play out of this world tennis, but he deserved to win.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It was spectacular self-destruction after the lucky netcord. Gonzo basically went back to his irresponsible ball-bashing ways after that and the match was basically over.

Gonzo deserved the jeering he got from the crowd.

Kiefer calmly played his game and deserved the win.
I'm sad to admit that you are entirely right about all of this. :sad:
Anyways, congrats Nicholas! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
kiefer will get a set off federer

Reactions: zethand

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Personally, I don't feel like he deserves a spot there
Sorry, but at least he got to QFs. Ferrer, Haas, Robredo, Blake, Gasquet, Berdych, Moya, Ljubicic, Chela and Youhzny they all lost in the second round. So who deserves a spot more than him? Or are you proposing to cut the field to 4 participants?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
So, Federer Kiefer next? They haven't played for a while but those Federer wins have always been tricky ones against the Tricky Kiwi
Yeah Kiwi's quirky play does not give Fed much of a rhythm so it will be an interesting match.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Sorry, but at least he got to QFs. Ferrer, Haas, Robredo, Blake, Gasquet, Berdych, Moya, Ljubicic, Chela and Youhzny they all lost in the second round. So who deserves a spot more than him? Or are you proposing to cut the field to 4 participants?
I was reflecting on his year's performance............not only Madrid. And how on earth did my words give any impression of wanting the field cut to 4 participants?? I just expressed an opinion about Gonzo after watching his pathetic performance.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Federer is always made to sweat against Kiefer, the last time he didn't lose a set to him was all the way back in IW in 2005. And talking of amazing games like the one Lopez played at the US Open this year to break Federer, in that IW match Kiefer broke serve to love in the opening game with four ridiculous points, Federer was simply a spectator. I think he'll be that much more dangerous indoors with his serve and general netrushing play.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts