Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Davis Cup ‏@DavisCup
#BELCAN @TennisCanada's side to face Belgium is: @VasekPospisil, @Dancevictennis, @filippeliwo and Daniel Nestor.

Davis Cup ‏@DavisCup

#ARGSRB Serbia's team for World Group QF in Argentina is: @troicki_viktor, @Dutzee, @TipsarevicJanko and @nenadzim.

Both team will be playing away from home and on clay.

Looks like we will have an Argentina vs. Belgium semifinal. :lol:

PS Nishikori wasn't selected by Indonesian's captain either. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Argentina are the favourites but I won't be surprised if Troicki wins his matches and Lajovic beats Schwartzman/Delbonis. Also the doubles rubber could be anyones for the taking

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Well if Delpo is not playing like he is not, Serbia might still win with Viktor Clayicki and Dusan Clayovic. Neither is bad on clay. Also double with Zimonjic/Tipsa could to some damage too.

Mayer and Monaco will likely play singles for Argentina I guess.

Correct decision for Novak not to go all the way there.

·
Bring it Home
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Argentina are the favourites but I won't be surprised if Troicki wins his matches and Lajovic beats Schwartzman/Delbonis. Also the doubles rubber could be anyones for the taking
I think Argentina will win on Saturday already. This is clay and there is Mayer and Berlocq also.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Not too surprised about Raonic not playing. He likely wanted to but he did say in his post-loss conference he had to have a check up on his foot, this looks like it may not have been 'good' news.

EDIT: But great chance for Peliwo to get some DC action under his belt!

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Yup...still lingering issues with his foot. I hope he didn't rush himself to play Wimbledon, I really don't want him to Delpo this injury.

"I'm devastated not to be participating in this tie against Belgium," Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., said in the release. "Due to my recurring injury, I am not able to play tennis for the next few weeks. My goal right now is to get healthy as fast as possible and get back to playing tennis as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
No Krajinovic, what a disgrace.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No Krajinovic, what a disgrace.
Lajovic and Troicki are better. Zimonjic is there for the doubles, so the only possible spot would be instead ot Tipsa - I guess they wanted to give Tipsa same playing/practice time. Not that Krajinovic had any chance to do much damage there anyway.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser
Novak Djokovic on Davis Cup next week: "There's still a possibility I'm going to be in the team."

·
29,645 Posts
Argentina ought to win if Djokovic doesn't go there (this would open up the DC for a surprise winner)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Perfect. I hate this competitions, so it's good when countries' top players skip it, especially in lower division, like Muller not selected for Luxembourg, Anderson not in South Africa, Damir thankfully not in Bosnia team, I love it :)

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well canada is screwed now. david will win both matches on clay and even if by some massive oddity he actually loses to pospisil on clay belgium's number 2 on clay is better than anything canada can offer on the surface.

doubles should still go to canada.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Murray to win the DC

·
Registered
767 Posts
france to vulture the DC

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Argentina team most likely will be Mayer, Berlocq, Delbonis and Schwartzman. Monaco is out due to wrist injury i think.

Serbia still has a lot of chances to win with Troicki alone, plus Djokovic could join at the last minute.

I think doubles will be decisive and ARG doesn't have a strong doubles team.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
Yeah, it was pretty obvious Milos wasn't healthy at Wimbledon and came back too soon. Hope he'll be back for Montreal, but we may not see him for even longer than that.

Needs to stop feeling pressure to return and maintain his point total and instead worry about getting back to 100%. He can always get his ranking back after he does.

As for Canada, they have no real chance to advance now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts