Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: NBC fire Bud but now they honor him

I feel sort of sorry for him. It is good though because he was losing his mind.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Phonies!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Bud did get to interview Federer after all. I just saw them on NBC.
Maybe Fed appreciated the jinx. :)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Finally... yes! go away Bud! Far, farrrrrr away, where there are no tennis around!

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
what was the actual reason for the firing?

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
This is the great Bud Collins:

Judging from all the jinxing he does, firing him makes absolute sense :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
And Bud called Morigami "that Japanese kid". Honestly, he really needs to retire.
Bud SHOULD have retired and not put himself in the situation of being fired and then bizarrely honored. The shame.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Show some respect, guys.
Like it or not, there is a reason why he's been around so long.
I enjoy reading his columns, and I hope he stays in tennis.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
This is the great Bud Collins:

Judging from all the jinxing he does, firing him makes absolute sense :lol:
He will still be able to jinx. He is still a tennis reporter for the Boston Globe. That's been his main job all along. In the past he did a lot more tv when he called the matches. They moved him out of the booth about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Do you guys notice how uneasy Nadal is around Bud? he can't wait to get out of his way... they are probably scared of him.

Anyays, whats the last important pick Bud got right? because his jinxing actualy scares me, he is extremly acurate (or innacurate to be exact) with his picks, its incredible. I wanted Fed to win this final but I honestly wasn't sure who was going to win, Nadal strugling a lot in his way to the final still didn't make me feel more secure of federer's chances but when Bud picked Nadal to win I absolutely felt asured that this match was going to go Federer's way! i am not joking, I am more confident on buds jinxing ability than on Nadal or Federer's skill at the game.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Oh, I would behave similarly if I was being questioned by someone who thought it was cute to try and cozy up to me by butchering trite phrases in my native language and randomly come up with alliterative nicknames for me. :tape: But perhaps I'm just projecting - maybe's Bud's breath just smelled bad. ;)
Both Fed and Nadal wanted no part of Bud. But his attempts at Spanish seemed to annoy Nadal. How the heck do you wish "mucha suerte" to a man who just lost a match that he could and should have won? That was gross.

Bud is lame and irrelevant. I don't mean to disrespect him. I'm just saying that he stayed way past his due date and ended making a mockery of himself. He should have retired years ago and save himself the ignominy of being forced out and then patently patronized.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
I think Bud should not have any financial worries after getting fired. With such jinxing reputation from now he can offer his services to the highest bidder (slam finalist) before publishing his predictions. :)

This business of honoring him right after announcing he was fired is such a joke.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts