Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Bravo bravo.

Now begins the process to remove him as owner, need 3/4 vote of the other owners

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Seems a bit rushed and drastic but I think I understand the league's motivations. Sponsors were already abandoning the Clippers en masse and there's no way the league would tolerate having a financially crippled franchise in the lucrative LA market. And while I'm not exactly familiar with the precise demographics of the league's fan base, it seems safe to assume that letting Sterling off easy would have been disastrous PR for a significant chunk of their target audience.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Just a witch hunt social lynching by the politically correct zombies. He was set up and illegally recorded. Would not doubt at all that this is all part of a ploy to sell the team to a certain buyer. I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if he refuses to sell.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I don't like the way he was "framed" the conversation with his "gf" is ridiculous and so is the reaction of all these people who knew Sterling was racist for years. I don't like how this has affected the GS-LAC series it was clear that the Clippers played with no heart on Sunday.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
alpha

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
:devil:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Good riddance. Sports teams owners are usually bad human beings.

Though I suspect half the NBA players think and say the same racist things about white people also.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Excellent decision by the NBA. :yeah:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
That's what banning means, it means you have been removed, the NBA is already looking for a new owner, possibly in a different city.
He still owns the team right now. They cannot remove him without full support of the other owners which is fully expected to happen. And I expect Sterling will fight this in courts too

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Just a witch hunt social lynching by the politically correct zombies. He was set up and illegally recorded. Would not doubt at all that this is all part of a ploy to sell the team to a certain buyer. I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if he refuses to sell.
I have to agree.

When you have hysteria in Ukraine, a missing plane somewhere, a sunken ferry in South Korea and tornadoes covering the USA - the fact that CNN is dedicating so much time to this is ridiculous IMO. Epic LOLs when Spike Lee said he sees his players as his slaves and that's why he owns a basketball team :help:

He's an ignorant racist - I'm with you. But speech is free, and people can have opinions. People also have the right to think less of you for those opinions - which most people do now. I don't see how you can force someone to sell his team, especially having done so for 30 years or something. If you're not happy, leave the team and go somewhere else (sponsors, players, fans).

I don't have time for racism, nor do most sane, reasonable people - but when we start to censor free speech it does concern me.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I have to agree.

When you have hysteria in Ukraine, a missing plane somewhere, a sunken ferry in South Korea and tornadoes covering the USA - the fact that CNN is dedicating so much time to this is ridiculous IMO. Epic LOLs when Spike Lee said he sees his players as his slaves and that's why he owns a basketball team :help:

He's an ignorant racist - I'm with you. But speech is free, and people can have opinions. People also have the right to think less of you for those opinions - which most people do now. I don't see how you can force someone to sell his team, especially having done so for 30 years or something. If you're not happy, leave the team and go somewhere else (sponsors, players, fans).

I don't have time for racism, nor do most sane, reasonable people - but when we start to censor free speech it does concern me.
We can all agree that the NBA is within their rights to vote him out of the league, and the public is within their rights to criticize him. But in my opinion, this just just bad precedent. I don't like huge social pressure to shut people down just for having a different opinion. It is huge societal groupthink and really not healthy for the country.

The main view of society should be that it's just his opinion, he didn't hurt anyone, he didn't materially affect anyone, so really, who cares? There are laws in place that provide remedies for real, material discrimination. If he has violated those then fine, go after him in the courts.

We've got athletes driving drunk, getting in fights, getting arrested, sexually assaulting people, and yet THIS is what someone gets banned for life for? Huge, huge overreaction. But then again we have hordes of people in the media and black communities who make careers out of being professionally outraged - it's their thing - to rile up the masses and make a nice buck off it.

In the meantime, Shaq (part owner of the Kings if I'm not mistaken) mocks a disabled man for his appearance, and I can barely find the story on news websites. Where is the outrage here? http://www.atlnightspots.com/disabled-man-hurt-after-his-selfie-was-clowned-on-instagram-by-shaq-waka-flocka-more/? Shaq also made "racist" remarks about Yao Ming that were ignored and not even brought up today: http://www.webcitation.org/5u6k8lCrT

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Harsh. Except they had no other option.

Being framed like that is disgusting and his words can be understood in many different ways, also non racist ones..

But with the public impact it got, there was no other possibility for an outcome.

This...let's say woman, ruined golddigging for many of her colleagues :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts