Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She likes to blab but given her accomplishments I'd think she has a better tennis brain than Bud Collins. How good have her analyses been in the past? Speaking for myself, I think it's an interesting prediction - I'd think S. Williams and Nadal would be the much more typical prediction.

Discuss.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Not great

i remember her on BBC last year practically betting her life on Henin to win Wimbledon - and i think it was just before she played Bartoli in the Semis

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
only Dijana's predictions are to be trusted

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I wouldn't back Djokovic for the French unless he beat Nadal on clay, or at the very least wins a clay master Series. Until then, she is geting ahead of herself.

Right now it is pretty obvious on past results that Nadal will win comfortably, but anything can happen (he might lose a few more sets)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not great

i remember her on BBC last year practically betting her life on Henin to win Wimbledon - and i think it was just before she played Bartoli in the Semis
Yes, I remember that too. Best of 5 sets on clay, cant see Novak beating Nadal.

·
Banned
459 Posts
She is dying for Nole to win the Golden slam and wipe what her rival Steffi did 20 years ago. Not happening, Martina. Sorry.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Navratilova knows more than any of us together. So...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not great

She may have been biased. I think she hates the Williams sisters and it was obvious to a two-year old that Venus was going to smash everyone off the grass last year.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Apparently she hasn't yet noticed how much Henin has been struggling lately... :eek:

I think she's just saying whatever the broadcasters think people want to hear. :angel:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I think Henin is a pretty safe bet - she loves the clay and is very at home in Roland Garros, whilst Serena is far less comfortable on it.

For the men.......... wel Nadal has got to be the overwhealming favourite to win the title surely. But, having said that, even his run has got to end sometime, and with Roger far from at his best in 2008, who better to end it than Nole :angel:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Martina doesn't know shit. xD
For real, when I hear her talk, I turn volume down, or try to focus hard not to listen to her.

"Hey mister umpire, can you tell that bitch on another side of the net to stop grunting, she is beating the hell out of me just because she grunts so much and I cannot hear the ball hit the racket."

I can't stand her (or him). Who knows.

·
Your visions will happen
50,970 Posts
Navratilova knows more than any of us together. So...
You know thats fucking bullshit.

If Martina said Nadal would win and Nole had no chance, you'd say she was full of shit.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
I love Martina, but she's been a bit of a Nole mark in her interviews. He'll do well I'm sure, but 2008 RG title holder? No.

JuJu is really having a hard time now as well. I would have said she had clay on lockdown, but...:shrug:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No, she is not. She is in bad shape as Roger is now...
I'm quite surprised so many people seem not to have noticed that. Okay, it's WTA, but she's at least a player with a great game - when she in form.
Hope she 'll be able to surprise me at RG. Same goes for Roger. :angel:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts