Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the link. I was laughing when I read his comment about Safin, lol.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29022008/58/atp-tour-ilie-desert.html

Former world number one Ilie Nastase looks ahead to next week's men's tournament and questions Marat Safin's sanity in his exclusive Eurosport blog from the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships.
TENNIS Ilie Nastase Barclays Dubai good - 0
More Stories

* Cash in the Desert
* Kuznetsova into Dubai final

"The men's tournament starts on Monday and I think Roger Federer has got to get on track in Dubai after his Australian Open semi-final loss to Novak Djokovic.

But he will start winning everything again, especially with all of these big tournaments coming up.

There are now three contenders for the top spot in the world, though.

Rafael Nadal is still there, don't count Nadal out because this is the time he's playing his best tennis in the spring when he's been unbeatable the last few years.

Remember that he's won three straight French Opens in a row, of course, and is headed for a fourth one.

Now there are three guys up there, with Australian Open champion Djokovic the third, but if Marat Safin were to return to his old form or another good guy like that their could be four guys up there fighting for the first spot.

I think Safin could be a real contender again because I like the way he plays, but he's crazy. He's crazier than I am I think. That's part of the reason why he is so good because he plays so crazy.

I don't think he's concentrated on his tennis, maybe he's concentrating on other things also.

I've heard he has bought lots of cars and things like that, but my suggestion would be for him to play good tennis now and buy all of the cars in the world when he's finished.

This is just my opinion, but I'm not his father and I'm not his coach.

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Here is the link. I was laughing when I read his comment about Safin, lol.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29022008/58/atp-tour-ilie-desert.html

Former world number one Ilie Nastase looks ahead to next week's men's tournament and questions Marat Safin's sanity in his exclusive Eurosport blog from the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships.
TENNIS Ilie Nastase Barclays Dubai good - 0
More Stories

* Cash in the Desert
* Kuznetsova into Dubai final

"The men's tournament starts on Monday and I think Roger Federer has got to get on track in Dubai after his Australian Open semi-final loss to Novak Djokovic.

But he will start winning everything again, especially with all of these big tournaments coming up.

There are now three contenders for the top spot in the world, though.

Rafael Nadal is still there, don't count Nadal out because this is the time he's playing his best tennis in the spring when he's been unbeatable the last few years.

Remember that he's won three straight French Opens in a row, of course, and is headed for a fourth one.

Now there are three guys up there, with Australian Open champion Djokovic the third, but if Marat Safin were to return to his old form or another good guy like that their could be four guys up there fighting for the first spot.

I think Safin could be a real contender again because I like the way he plays, but he's crazy. He's crazier than I am I think. That's part of the reason why he is so good because he plays so crazy.

I don't think he's concentrated on his tennis, maybe he's concentrating on other things also.

I've heard he has bought lots of cars and things like that, but my suggestion would be for him to play good tennis now and buy all of the cars in the world when he's finished.

This is just my opinion, but I'm not his father and I'm not his coach.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Whats this guy smoking?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The last time Nastase followed the happenings in Men's tennis was probably 2004... :haha: Reading it is like time travel!:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nastase saying that Marat's crazy :rolleyes: this is ironic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts