Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since, theres already a post for TMS Houston, I figured I would start one for Key Biscayne seeing as I already bought my tickets and its only a month away. HEEE! :bounce: :D

So, anyone else going to be in attendance? It would be great if other people are planning to go, seeing as I cant find people down here to go with me :mad: :(

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I'm not going to Key Biscaine...but can you believe this?! I was going to go to Siebel Open this Saturday...but my parents are not letting me and my bro go! They're saying this weekend will be dangerous because the whole terrorist alert thing blah...blah...:fiery: I had spent nearly $200 dollars on getting sideline tickets and had downloaded the map to get the stadium. :(

But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. But I highly doubt anything is gonna happen..but there is no way I can talk my folks out of it. :( Just watch, a bomb is gonna explode at the stadium (*knocks on wood cuz hopefully it won't happen of course*)..and my parents will have this hanging over my head forever. :eek:

Oh well, I can still watch it on TV. Yippee. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
croat123 - cool let me know what dates youll be there Im going to be at every evening session for the first week and the entire weekend :D

Ma. Estefania - I hope its not because of me :eek: :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
lokon said:
Since, theres already a post for TMS Houston, I figured I would start one for Key Biscayne seeing as I already bought my tickets and its only a month away. HEEE! :bounce: :D

So, anyone else going to be in attendance? It would be great if other people are planning to go, seeing as I cant find people down here to go with me :mad: :(

cool. what state are u from?

·
Registered
483 Posts
1jackson2001 said:
I'm not going to Key Biscaine...but can you believe this?! I was going to go to Siebel Open this Saturday...but my parents are not letting me and my bro go! They're saying this weekend will be dangerous because the whole terrorist alert thing blah...blah...:fiery: I had spent nearly $200 dollars on getting sideline tickets and had downloaded the map to get the stadium. :(

But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. But I highly doubt anything is gonna happen..but there is no way I can talk my folks out of it. :( Just watch, a bomb is gonna explode at the stadium (*knocks on wood cuz hopefully it won't happen of course*)..and my parents will have this hanging over my head forever. :eek:

that frrpin sux!

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
1jackson2001 said:

Are you kidding? I can't believe people are that panic, IMO, it's a phobia created by the government and the media. It's possible that there's terrist attack as there's Mars attack (well one has a higher percentage than other, this I admit). Are all Americans need to stop living their life? It's so stupid. I am a parent myself with a 7 years old son living in US but I will not stop taking him to soccer games, go to museum, etc, etc.

BTW, have your parent considered that bomb may be defective and end up in your neighbourhood instead of the stadium since everything is possible? I definitely don't want this to happen but if they worry about a bomb drop in a stadium, than everything is possible too.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Lee said:
Are you kidding? I can't believe people are that panic, IMO, it's a phobia created by the government and the media. It's possible that there's terrist attack as there's Mars attack (well one has a higher percentage than other, this I admit). Are all Americans need to stop living their life? It's so stupid. I am a parent myself with a 7 years old son living in US but I will not stop taking him to soccer games, go to museum, etc, etc.

BTW, have your parent considered that bomb may be defective and end up in your neighbourhood instead of the stadium since everything is possible? I definitely don't want this to happen but if they worry about a bomb drop in a stadium, than everything is possible too.
Yea for real...but I can't do anything about it. My parents are being spoon-fed by the meida and they're helplessly falling into the hype. I shouldn't stop living my life just because the government has found "something possibly suspicious". All those yellow, orange, red alert levels...pshhh.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
1jackson2001 said:
Yea for real...but I can't do anything about it. My parents are being spoon-fed by the meida and they're helplessly falling into the hype. I shouldn't stop living my life just because the government has found "something possibly suspicious". All those yellow, orange, red alert levels...pshhh.
Well, they are your parents and you do have to respect their concern for your safety. But, advise your parents to stop watching CNN, Fox news, etc etc. It will do permanent damage to their thinking. :rolleyes: j/k

I will not advise someone to go a war torn country but if someone cannot go to a tennis match in his homeland, what are we going to live for?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jcsting - I live in FL, the tournament is only a 30 minute drive for me :)

jackson - thats such garbage, especially since you already spent the money for the tickets. Hopefully youll have the opportunity to go to another tourney.

Vera - :wavey: thats a shame :( we could have cheered juanqui on together. Dont worry though Ill do enough for the both of us. :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Sorry, I'm not quite sure myself, but is Houston a TMS event?

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Sjengster said:
Sorry, I'm not quite sure myself, but is Houston a TMS event?
For 2003 & 2004, Tennis Master Cup (TMC), the year end event, not TMS (Tennis Master Series), will be held in Houston.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Oh of course, the Masters Cup! I was getting a bit confused there, sorry. Interesting idea to hold it in Houston two years in a row - not only an attempt to attract more American fans like they tried to tap into the Asian market with Shanghai, but also the two-year deal gives Roddick two shots at making the Masters Cup in his home country. Handy, that...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah, hoorah........I am going to the Masters Cup! Who cares about A-Rod, I am going to see Lleyton cause I just know that he will qualify since he will be #1! I hope that a lot of people on ATP World goes so I can meet yall!

I have a tendancy to say yall alot, I am just a sweet suthern girl!
:D :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts