5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiemo, world no.1 of the juniors in 2006 won against Santi,

thiemo is ranked 425, santi is in the top 70

De Bakker allready d. Massu and Benneteau in the ATP of Amersfoort

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
It was high time he won a good match, he couldn't even beat average futures clowns in the last 8 months.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has to be in the top 200 at the end of the year

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It was high time he won a good match, he couldn't even beat average futures clowns in the last 8 months.
Yes, he's been flying under the radar for a very long time - high time for him to get some good victories under his belt. Glad to read he's been doing well in Napoli (so far).

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I'm not reading too much into this win BTW, Ventura has been in poor form for the last two months. Schukin will probably beat him without too much trouble.

·
Registered
726 Posts
de bakker played 4 close 3 setters in a row now :D mentally good! And last year he has been mostly injured etc so its about time he got back on track.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Seriously, what happened to this guy over the past two years?

·
MONSOON season.
82,371 Posts
I'm not reading too much into this win BTW, Ventura has been in poor form for the last two months. Schukin will probably beat him without too much trouble.
Well, what I think you should read something into is the fact that he has won four matches in a row now in a tough Challenger (qualifying was a high-quality field too). This shows that he is mentally tough, and is gaining some consistency. Plus beating Ventura on clay is a good accomplishment regardless.

It's promising that Thiemo is doing well on clay, and also on grass (great match against Arthurs at Wimbledon - I was there).

·
MONSOON season.
82,371 Posts
De Bakker wins 2-6 6-4 6-2 :)

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
That result surprised me, will this be his yearly highlight or will he actually be able to put in consistent results? If he wants to get a decent ranking he will have to get a lot more results like this.

And from his qualifying results in this tournament it seems he often needs as much effort to beat very low-ranked players as high-ranked players.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5 times a 3 sets victorie and finally a day of rest. Nice match against Andujar :) 22 points allready, he needs them

·
MONSOON season.
82,371 Posts
I am also surprised he beat Schukin, actually. But Thiemo is a good player, so he can definitely beat these guys. It's great that he is becoming more consistent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts