Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.N.Massu
2.N.Kiefer
3.J.Melzer
4.R.Soderling
5.M.Ancic

I Have seen these guys on a few occasions throw in the towel with no effort what so ever, which for me should be granted fine or ban!!!!

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Kafelinkov (Tanking matches, involved in Match Fixing)
Safin

Ironically, both come from an Eastern-European background, coincidence ? I think not. :D

Money and sex seems to be the main focus...

Oh, also ... Coria. He admitted to tanking matches because he missed his GF back in Argentina ....

There's a load of players, but Kafelnikov, Safin & Coria are the 3 that come to mind.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Marcelo Rios, though it got much better at the end of his career.

·
Registered
440 Posts
gaudio , chucho acasuso, malisse,

i think massu always give his best in all matches except in miami 04 againt pavel where he recived a warning for not trying to play

·
Registered
440 Posts
but that is not coz these players do not want to win but they are not too strong of mind and have probems to fight in matches

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
cecilija said:
gaudio , chucho acasuso, malisse,

i think massu always give his best in all matches except in miami 04 againt pavel where he recived a warning for not trying to play
+ against Henman TMS Cincinnati this year. One of the most appaling and shameful tanks I've ever seen

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Jiri Novak. How ironic he was last player to defeat Fed in a final.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
adee-gee said:
+ against Henman TMS Cincinnati this year. One of the most appaling and shameful tanks I've ever seen
I attended a bit of this match. Absolutely :eek:, he was attempting to serve and volley against Tim :retard:.

Reactions: adee-gee

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
LaTenista said:
I attended a bit of this match. Absolutely :eek:, he was attempting to serve and volley against Tim :retard:.
It was seriously the worst effort I've ever seen a pro give. He just wanted to get off the court as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Gaudio and Acasuso.

Coria?? I'm not so sure. I think that his mind doesn't want to get off the court, but ... he is no the same guy since the final of RG 2004

·
Registered
440 Posts
your right i forgot about that match. even now i remember more pathetic matches of his
against kiefer in cinci this year or against melzer in hamburg last year :tape:

adee-gee said:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Verdasco : The number 1 in the list. No doubts about it. Sometimes talent without sacrifice produces this kind of players . Daddy´s boy as he is , he doesn´t like to effort at all. It´s a shame, he is such a nice guy but his performance in US OPEN 2005 4th round against Nieminen should be available for all this " ATP stars wannabes " titled " things to avoid in a important match. He´ll grow up and sooner or later will become a huge player
Gaudio : In the past he didn´t want to play many matches and didn´t give a shit about them. Still happens nowadays like he did in TMS Rome this year against David Ferrer . He´s in love and guys do weird and stupid things when they´re in love. Figure out this combination
Acasuso : I saw one of the biggest tankings ever this year. In a late night match in Barcelone against Wawrinka with 50 spectators as a maximum he told his coach " me importa un carajo este partido , estoy podrido " which means " I don´t give a shit for this match, I´m fed up " . He lost double 6-3
Feliciano López : Another classic. This " party animal " went to many matches already thinking about banging some of the hostess of the tournament. He loses faith easily and moreover loves too much the tennis backstage.........
Fernando Gonzalez : Sometimes Gonzo can be funnier than a Seinfeld episode. He talks all the time to De la Peña ( his coach ) and hits winners from everywhere, most of them go out by far but some are the greatest shots you´ll ever see live. Gonzo is a MUST everywhere you, if he´s playing and in a bad mood go to that court, you´ll never regret doing that.

·
Registered
440 Posts
you think that coz u have not saw gaudio

gaudio had have the worst three matches i ve ever seen in a player

1)against ferrer in roma 05 lost 6-0 6-1
2)against ferrero in davis cup 03 lost 6-4 6-0 6-0
3)against gambill in uso 02 lost 6-0 6-2 6-0}

adee-gee said:
It was seriously the worst effort I've ever seen a pro give. He just wanted to get off the court as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ferrer
Puerta
Labadze
Gaudio (sorry)

Agassi - for his "off court" un-professional-ness - Tournament Director's nightmare pulling out at midnight constantly before the draw takes place...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts