Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nalby rocked the #2, #3 and #1 in a row. Impressive also his results.

6-1 6-2 over R. Nadal :eek:
6-4 7-6, straight sets win over N. Djokovic
1-6 6-3 6-3 over R. Federer in a masters final when he was down a set :eek:

Nalby at his best is the 2nd best player in the world imo.

Best performance by any player this year me thinks.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Yeah, I think so. I think his recovery from 4-6 0-4* down against Birdshit contributes to make it the most amazing tournament for any player this year.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No, the best performance was Federer at the AO.
But this one defenitely a good second.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
yea eventhogh djokovic did the same these 3 wins are sweeter. I wasnt expecting Nalby to win this until until i saw his performence against Djoko. It was more unexpected than Djokovic beating Roddick

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's not a major. People were saying that about Novak this summer.
It's a whole different game if Federer is preparing for the tournament.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What Nadal does in Paris is much more impressive. No one else is beating Federer at a major.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, this week performance by Nalby was amazing. Altough, Rafa, Fed and Djoko were not at their best this week. It is possible that high amount of matches by those players is taking its toll while season is coming closer to the end. Nalby played only half amount of that, so it is possible he is very fresh at this point of season :)
I hope David will keep this form next season, so that we have more serious contenders for all titles. Together with healthy Ancic (I think he can make breakthrough next year) they will make season much more interesting.

Way to go Nalbandian! :worship:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Beating federer indoors is a huge challenge.

This is more impressive than joker's win in canada.

although joker's win over nadal in canada was better than bandy's here in madrid.

·
Registered
73,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What Nadal does in Paris is much more impressive. No one else is beating Federer at a major.
Nadal is the better player on this surface. It was also an expected win and far from a surprise unlike Nalby's win this week.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Yeah, this week performance by Nalby was amazing. Altough, Rafa, Fed and Djoko were not at their best this week.
How do you mean they were not at their best? When they won their matches prior to running into Nalbandian, they were all playing their best. Suddenly they suffer a loss and it's because they are not playing well :lol:
Give some credit where it's due. They couldn't play their best -- all of them, Federere, Djokovic and Nadal -- because of what David was doing on the opposite side of the net.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Nalby rocked the #2, #3 and #1 in a row. Impressive also his results.

6-1 6-2 over R. Nadal :eek:
6-4 7-6, straight sets win over N. Djokovic
1-6 6-3 6-3 over R. Federer in a masters final when he was down a set :eek:

Nalby at his best is the 2nd best player in the world imo.

Best performance by any player this year me thinks.
Nalbandian never has been and never will be the no.2 player in the world.
The way ppl overeact on this board.

Most players have had stunning performances in their career where they've displayed their full potential but if its not done on a regular basis then its hardly worth having.

G

·
It is by the mere fact that Nalbandian has not shown any form at all this year, now out of nowhere he knocks over 1, 2 & 3 and that was after he comes back from the dead against Berdych.

We all know he has the game to do it but very rarely does he mentality put it together for a full tournament and that to me was the most impressive aspect of his week.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
best performances this year:

1. FED @ AO
2. RAFA @ FO
3. Nalbandian @ Madrid
4. Djokovic @ Montreal
5. Gonzalez @ AO
6. RAFA @ Wimby
7. FED @ Wimby
8. FED @ USO