Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look he is just 23/10 this year and apart from winning Munich and QF in Melbourne and Wimbledon he hasn't achieved anything good, lots of early and shocking exits and still he is 12 on rankings...
:shrug:

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
well he barely plays a tornament and yet he is top 10 that is not so bad ;)

but he made qf in australia, 4th round in FO and qf in wimbledon.

his ranking is ok. a qf in a grand slam is more difficult and valuable than a title in a small tournament

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ok ;) but that's only 3 good Tournaments during 8 months.... :eek:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You see I just doubt it... I don't mean I hate David or somethin' like that but compare himself to anyother guy from Top 10 like Gaudio, Puerta, Coria There is a huge difference between them...

·
Registered
959 Posts
It's correct - he had good tournaments last October: RUP in Madrid and RUP in Basel.
Also 4th round at RG-2005 - not bad for ranking.

And in Champion's Race he's 19th only...

BTW I'm sure that Nalb's talent can allow him to be in top5 firmly...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
jazz_girl said:
He had a virus which affected his liver
That's what I've wondered about. Was it a virus which affected his liver, or was it because of chugging down the old bottle which affected his liver? I don't know.
Anyways, it is a 12 month calendar ranking system and it's more understandable than Hingis still being ranked #1 back in 2001. Now what was THAT all about?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
It was a virus he caught in a plane and made his dizzy and brought him some stomach problems as well. It lasted over a month, but he hasn't had any injury this year.
As for his ranking, he's got what he deserves.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well WTA is a strange Assosiation 4 me ;) Let's don't talk about it ;)
MAybe Hingis was still #1 because she had a big difference in points which finally ended in 2001 :shrug:

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Vamos Feńa said:
Well WTA is a strange Assosiation 4 me ;) Let's don't talk about it ;)
MAybe Hingis was still #1 because she had a big difference in points which finally ended in 2001 :shrug:
Hingis was #1 because the other slam winners didn't play enough/win enough tournaments that she did so she always held that top spot.;)

Anyways David is ranked where he should be, when you look at exactly where he got his points from (was really good at the slams this year and still has a TMS finals under his belt) the ranking he has isn't that big of a shock.

B

·
0 Posts
Potential = top 3

Reality = 12

Shame tennis played based on potential, otherwise nalby would have won a few slams by now :sad:

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
He's where the ranking system puts him. Continued suckage and he will slip. Look at Hewitt: he has only played 4 tournaments and 1 match and he is sill high in the rankings due to outstanding results in all big events but it will take a toll if he doesn't start playing more at the end of the year and the rankings will reflect this.

·
Registered
911 Posts
federer express said:
you have the ranking you deserve!
Yup,this isn`t a subjective thing the players are ranked acording to the points they`ve won.They can`t be too high or too low.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts