Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to Reuters UK, he threw water at a staff member in the locker room

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/david-nalbandian-fined-for-throwing-water-at-australian-open-staff-6292329.html

Argentina's David Nalbandian was fined $8,000 for throwing water at an
Australian Open staff member following his controversial second round
loss to John Isner on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old Nalbandian was fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour following the match. Officials said he had thrown water at a member of tournament staff.

Nalbandian who lost the marathon match 4-6 6-3 2-6 7-6 10-8 to Isner, railed against umpire Kader Nouni following the match after the Frenchman overturned a point in the fifth set then refused to allow him to challenge the call through the Hawk-eye technology because he had taken too long to do so.

"I mean, it's ridiculous playing this kind of tournament with this kind of umpires," Nalbandian said after the match. "What did the ATP do for this?

"I mean, can you be that stupid to do that in that moment?"

Reuters
He will appeal, said manager Carlos Costa.

story keeps developing: Janko Tipsarevic showed his support over twitter:

TipsarevicJanko Janko Tipsarevic

@nalbandiandavid fined...DISGRACE!They shold fine the chair umpire.They should fine the referee and never let him sit on a chair again!

Updated: Story keeps developing!!

Argentine Guillermo Salatino, (a retired player older than Vilas who works as journalist for Fox Sports) spoke to Nalbandian and tweeted the following:

GuilleSalatino Guillermo E Salatino
En 1 hora fui víctima de 2 injusticias.Una en la cancha y otra mientras hacia el control antidoping. Davis no reconoce la agresión y apelará.

In 1 hour I was victim of 2 injustice acts. One on court and another when doing the antidoping control. David does not acknowledge the aggression and will appeal.

Updated: Nalbandian spoke abut it:

http://www.canchallena.com/1442099-nalbandian-contra-la-sancion-no-le-tire-agua-a-nadie

"I didnt throw water to anybody"

Según la sanción impuesta por la Federación Internacional de Tenis, Nalbandian habría arrojado agua a un médico tras el partido, lo cual el cordobés negó. "Inmediatamente después del partido concurrí a la conferencia de prensa y a realizar un rutinario control antidoping. En el momento en el que me encontraba lavándome las manos para comenzar con el control, el médico a cargo del mismo increíblemente me acusó de haberle arrojado agua", sostuvo Nalbandian en un comunicado.
"Inmediately after my match finished I went to press conference and then to the routinary antidoping control. When I was washing my hands before starting to take the control, the doctor in charge of it incredibly accused me of throwing him water", claimed Nalbandian

and there is more

El unquillense calificó de "absolutamente inexplicables tanto la conducta adoptada por este profesional a quien en ningún momento le arrojé agua como la de la FIT de creer su versión y sancionarme injustamente".
"It is absolutely unexplainable both the conduct adopted by this profesional who I never threw water at him and the ITF who bought this version and fined me unfairly".

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Re: Nalbandian receives a $8.000 fine

What are they fining the umpire?

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Nalbandian receives a $8.000 fine after Isner's match controversy

Baghdatis breaks 4 racquets in a row in front of everyone and gets a $800 fine...

Nothing is raised against Nouni and most likely nothing will.

Tipsarevic's tweet updated on OP

·
Registered
23,624 Posts

should have thrown water at nouni

or piss or something

and on ramos too, while he's getting fined already.

Reactions: takuma

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

8k$ equals big macs for quite a few months I guess :( :sad:

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

hehe, at first I thought this was going to be about the sexist joke he made in his presser. :lol:

Tipsy :yeah:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts

8k$ equals big macs for quite a few months I guess :( :sad:
:lol:

Nalby deserves it. Throwing water on staff :facepalm: what a big baby. Literally.

I dont know why everyone is attacking the umpire. He did what was right. Had the guts to put his foot down.
Pity things will go back to the same old shit when the top guys play though.:eek:

Reactions: Sunset of Age

·
Banned
2,262 Posts

Nalby was right and he has to pay ? Ridiculous and unfair. If Goat cheese of Armanifatbutt had done the same, umpire would have allowed them to challenge. It seems that some players have the right to challenge, some other not

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts

Just a joke, really.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts

He should be fined if he threw water at staff member :shrug: No excuse
Nouni's decision was questionable, but not beyond all reason (the overrule was though). Nalbandian DID go back and look at the mark.
There shouldn't be a fine for breaking racquets period

·
Registered
790 Posts

this is horrible. He had the right to be angry. Although the fine makes sense

They should be happy it wasn't Roddick or Serena who got screwed. :eek:

·
Registered
889 Posts

The Umpire should be banned from Grandslam Matches.

·
Registered
17,607 Posts

That's completely out of line. He definitely has the right to be angry, but that is certainly no way to behave.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts

The Umpire should be banned from Grandslam Matches.
Agree with you especially because it's not the 1rst time he changes the result of a match...he already robbed Schiavone in RG's final last year. I wonder how can this guy continue to work without having troubles. ATP is a mess

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts

lol, umpire should be fined for a bad call? (which also can be subject to different point of views)

there have been worse mistakes in a GS match, nothing has happened

·
Registered
754 Posts

How much is Nouni getting for his pathetic and incompetent "umpiring"?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

How much is Nouni getting for his pathetic and incompetent "umpiring"?
According to latest reports 5 years in jail to life sentence!
Just kidding. But I do think he should be fined!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

Good to see that Nalbandian is still an immature, whining little biotch. I sometimes forget him and Ljubibitch are still around.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts