Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nalbandian: "I guess I don't pay 'Federer' the same respect as everyone else."

From the current issue of DEUCE:

Anybody' includes the always-fearsome Federer, a player Nalbandian is not afraid to face. "I know him since we were juniors. I guess I don't pay him the same respect as everyone does," he explains.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/deuce/january2008/nalbandian2.asp

----------------------

Federer has these guys beaten before the draw comes out. I like that someone believes he is can beat him and does!

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Re: Nalbandian: "I guess I don't pay 'Federer' the same respect as everyone else."

Definitely the mugiest era ever.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Re: Nalbandian: "I guess I don't pay 'Federer' the same respect as everyone else."

funny thing is that he never chokes when playing fed, but usually choked when playing others back in the days. he did have a shot at some slams but let it slip every damn time. he's not that fearless after all. there's only a couple of guys who're cool enough to pull it all off without hesitation, and that's roddick, murray and safin and nadal.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts

It takes bRASS balls to beat Federer. Are you man enough Dave? Have you made your decision for CHRIST?

·
Registered
191 Posts

Nadal seems to me the only person who isn't afraid to win against Federer. Is he still excited about his '03 Us Open win over him?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

I'm surprised there are still people who think that the whole tour is afraid of Federer after last year.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

I'm surprised there are still people who think that the whole tour is afraid of Federer after last year.
Well, the idiots who don't like Federer (note: I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't like Federer is an idiot - just that the idiots who don't do the following) can't accept that he is much better than everyone else, so they make up this "afraid to beat him" shit. Most retarded excuse ever. Yeah, Volandri was soooo mentally tough last season! Oh man! :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:

·
Registered
911 Posts

funny thing is that he never chokes when playing fed, but usually choked when playing others back in the days. he did have a shot at some slams but let it slip every damn time. he's not that fearless after all.
That's the weird thing about Nalby he can choke against the worst player but never in front of Federer.I guess that's why he has won so many times against him(that and ),he just doesn't crap in his pants when he plays against him.Totally different story when it comes to number 250 in the World,but that's David.I don't know how to interpret that quote because I think they have a mutual respect for each other,maybe it's the fact that he doesn't see Fed as invincible.
he's not that fearless after all. there's only a couple of guys who're cool enough to pull it all off without hesitation, and that's roddick, murray and safin and nadal.
Fearless he's not,nobody is,but how many times has "cool"Roddick defeated Fed?Every single player has their match.There's no such thing as fearless or invincible,not Federer,not Sampras,not Borg,nobody.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

Fearless he's not,nobody is,but how many times has "cool"Roddick defeated Fed?Every single player has their match.There's no such thing as fearless or invincible,not Federer,not Sampras,not Borg,nobody.
andy would never choke if he was up a break in the fifth set vs. roger. marat's done it as well, so has murray (as a teen!) and obviously rafa several times. andy's mentally as tough as anyone out there, and if it wasn't for his mental superiority and his serve, i'd be able to beat him.

well, and some people are pretty fearless while others usually crap their pants when they're confronted with big (possible) wins. mathieu for example has had his share of chokes over the years whereas i don't see guys like djokovic having any problem with defeating the most dominant world no.1 ever. and i doubt that he's more talented than mathieu. so, yeah, to me there is such thing as fearlessness in tennis. there's a thin line between that and cockiness though, i guess.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Doesn't make the blindest bit of difference if you can't keep injury free long enough to take advantage.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts

andy would never choke if he was up a break in the fifth set vs. roger. marat's done it as well, so has murray (as a teen!) and obviously rafa several times. andy's mentally as tough as anyone out there, and if it wasn't for his mental superiority and his serve, i'd be able to beat him.
How about if he had 3 mp's including one on his serve ?:angel:

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

:yawn:

·
Registered
20,460 Posts

i kinda knew that one was gonna come back and bite me in the ass.

ok, when did it happen?
In Shanghai in RR last year roddick won the first set 6/4, and then led 4/1 then 6/4 with a serve to come in the TB which he lost 10/8 before losing the match

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

In Shanghai in RR last year roddick won the first set 6/4, and then led 4/1 then 6/4 with a serve to come in the TB which he lost 10/8 before losing the match
oh yes, i even remember that. i just didn't know about the matchpoints. so that rules out roddick, he's obviously not one of the bunch of fearless monsters.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts

Federer needed someone to beat him consecutively so he could really start using his A Game.
Interesting to see if Nalbandian can make the semi's/final.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

there's a thin line between that and cockiness though, i guess.
How about leading two sets to love with a break in the third?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts