Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Forget Federer!
I'm only focusing on R4 and the match with Sanguinetti. With Nalbo the saying 'one match at a time' really is true.

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
gooner88 said:
Forget Federer!
I'm only focusing on R4 and the match with Sanguinetti. With Nalbo the saying 'one match at a time' really is true.
I'll be surprised if the old man can get out of bed after tonight's match. Expect a walkover and then the triple bagel against Federer.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Feña played so bad! :eek: Where were his head and aces during this match? :speakles::tears:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
No!!! :sad: Nalbandian played incredible but it is so disappointing that Feña lost. He didn't get any control over the match. Fernando should have hit the ball a lot harder. He also served badly, got only less than 50% serves in.

US Open is my favourite tournament. This got me depressed now. :sad:

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
gravity said:
I'll be surprised if the old man can get out of bed after tonight's match. Expect a walkover and then the triple bagel against Federer.
Ambitious, aren't we?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
BlackSilver said:
So, you are saying that the current Federer is playing way better than the current Nalbandian?
No, a couple of matches for both of these players doesn't mean much. What I am saying is that over the past season Federer has honed his game at the highest level so he knows what it means to play under pressure on a consistent basis since he has gone deep in a lot of tournaments. Nalby (other than Munich) has no such experience.

Anyway, I was just replying to someone else but I believe in taking it one match at a time so both have get past the 4th round for a possible QF match between them. I would love for that to happen because I like Nalby's game as well and this is the only way I will get to see his game on TV where understandably the Americans are getting all the attention.

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
GonzoFan said:
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
:sad:
hey come on, be fair... David gave Fena the win in Cincy, on the premise that David could bagel him at Flushing Meadows :p.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
its.like.that said:
hey come on, be fair... David gave Fena the win in Cincy, on the premise that David could bagel him at Flushing Meadows :p.
You're too much!!!

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
Peoples said:
No!!! :sad: Nalbandian played incredible but it is so disappointing that Feña lost. He didn't get any control over the match. Fernando should have hit the ball a lot harder. He also served badly, got only less than 50% serves in.

US Open is my favourite tournament. This got me depressed now. :sad:
the sad thing is, that if Fena or Daviiiiiiiiiid were in the bottom half of the draw, they would have an easy run through to the final.

but thats the sport of tennis I suppose.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
its.like.that said:
the sad thing is, that if Fena or Daviiiiiiiiiid were in the bottom half of the draw, they would have an easy run through to the final.

but thats the sport of tennis I suppose.
I know. Now, for David, the road to the title passes through Roger and Lleyton.

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
I know. Now, for David, the road to the title passes through Roger and Lleyton.
as I said before, David is the only man to beat Roger... although for some reason, I have the feeling that IF he were to do that, he would lose focus and bomb out... :sad:

Prove me wrong David! :D

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
its.like.that said:
as I said before, David is the only man to beat Roger... although for some reason, I have the feeling that IF he were to do that, he would lose focus and bomb out... :sad:

I would hope the opposite would be true, but who can tell, right?

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
Don't be mad, boo.
I'm not mad. David proved me right, I couldn't be happier :D.

Did you know that David has now made the 4th round or better at 9 of his last 11 slams?

:D and :sad: at the same time...

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
its.like.that said:

Which David are you talking about? I can't remember Nalbandian ever losing focus and bombing out.

I predict an All-Argentine final between Bandy and Coria. That should guarantee the lowest viewing figures of all time at home for a US Open final.

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
I would hope the opposite would be true, but who can tell, right?
For a set, I thought Marat was going to do this at the Aussie Open, but how Marat shone through :D.

Are Marat and David on good terms? maybe he should seek guidance from the Oaf :unsure:.

41 - 60 of 142 Posts