Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really awesome performance by fognini, nalbandian played with his heart.. the best match of the week whatsoever

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
by far the match of the tournament till now

Nalbi played well and Fabio played awesome, 1st time i see him playing this way

keep this form in the future Fabio :yeah:

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nalbandian rallied from *1-3 in the third

the umpire was really :rolleyes: he sucked

Total points won by Nalbandian : 108
Total points won by Fognini : 101

Fognini was hitting winners all over the field and Nalbandian had to dig deep to win .. :) awesome match

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fognini died standing up :worship: we should expect great things from this guy during the year :D

he was simply incredible :inlove:

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
an incident during the first set tie break

Nalbandian was serving for the set *6-4 and he hit a ball deep down the baseline which Fognini awesomely responded, the umpire called "out", which wasnt.. and Nalbandian hit a top volley which was unreachable by Fognini as it died near the net.. to clinch the set..

he made the point be played again..

moreover there were controversial calls by this umpire.. really poor performance

by the end of the set (nalbi got broken 6-5** but won the tie break 7-5) he told the referee (umpire) he sucked and that he should do his job on future level.. and insulted him..

by the end of the second set .. the warning came :rolleyes: he waited a whole set to give a warning :shrug:

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Thanks for the detailed report, Fiber. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
whoa! I didn't know drama unfolded in this match...
umpire :retard: anyway, great effort by Fabio!
way to go Nalby for the victory :bigclap:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
that umpire is worst than Grillotti :eek:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
really awesome performance by fognini, nalbandian played with his heart.. the best match of the week whatsoever
good to hear. expected scoreline, too.

·
Registered
34,674 Posts
Fognini played the best match of his life and still coudnt win against a weak Nalbandian. Anyway a good match to watch thanks to the fighting spirit of Nalbandian. Fognini wont be a great player he is not the kind of player who closes out matches against great tennists.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I was at the stadium tonight, in one of the front rows. This match was AWESOME! David was losing it, Fognini was playing some unbelievable tennis, and the third set seemed to be Nalbandian's doom after he lost his serve... when they switched sides, Fabio up 3-1, the whole stadium began cheering up David with the classic "Ole ole ole ole, Daviiid, Daviiid", the sound was as loud as hell! After that, a new fit dave came into the court. Every single point was a madness, people shouting everywhere, it felt like a soccer match! The poor Italian dude couldn't even serve... I mean, hundreds of persons yelling as loud as it was possible! Even losing a first serve ended in chaos for Fognini... David was mad at the umpire, so he shouted "Vamosss!" on every winner, and everyone followed him! Noise, noise, and more noise! In the end, he couldn't stop thanking the crowd for the support he recieved tonight...
David, you are HOME! ;)
Anyways, I'm still drunk, so it'll be better if I stop typing for a while... Oleeee oleee oleee oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fognini played the best match of his life and still coudnt win against a weak Nalbandian. Anyway a good match to watch thanks to the fighting spirit of Nalbandian. Fognini wont be a great player he is not the kind of player who closes out matches against great tennists.
:haha: ill take that from a guy who thinks roitman is the best player ever :cuckoo:

by the way, where was roitman when he was 20? :confused: ill tell you, on 1999, he played futures ..in 2000, his highlight was a low budget challenger final and yet on 2001 (21-22 year old) his highlight was a couple of ch semis and another ch final :shrug: in fact..he only has like 2 ATP QFs in his carreer and is heading 30.. and you think he is so much better than fognini as you said before :eek:

fognini is like 2 spots behind roitman and has yet reached an ATP SF and a QF this year on atp level :worship:

Fognini will do great this season :worship: :D and there is not much you can do about it :hug:

let's wait and see ;)

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
I was at the stadium tonight, in one of the front rows. This match was AWESOME! David was losing it, Fognini was playing some unbelievable tennis, and the third set seemed to be Nalbandian's doom after he lost his serve... when they switched sides, Fabio up 3-1, the whole stadium began cheering up David with the classic "Ole ole ole ole, Daviiid, Daviiid", the sound was as loud as hell! After that, a new fit dave came into the court. Every single point was a madness, people shouting everywhere, it felt like a soccer match! The poor Italian dude couldn't even serve... I mean, hundreds of persons yelling as loud as it was possible! Even losing a first serve ended in chaos for Fognini... David was mad at the umpire, so he shouted "Vamosss!" on every winner, and everyone followed him! Noise, noise, and more noise! In the end, he couldn't stop thanking the crowd for the support he recieved tonight...
David, you are HOME! ;)
Anyways, I'm still drunk, so it'll be better if I stop typing for a while... Oleeee oleee oleee oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quite vivid description, I would say. :D

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
an incident during the first set tie break

Nalbandian was serving for the set *6-4 and he hit a ball deep down the baseline which Fognini awesomely responded, the umpire called "out", which wasnt.. and Nalbandian hit a top volley which was unreachable by Fognini as it died near the net.. to clinch the set..

he made the point be played again..

moreover there were controversial calls by this umpire.. really poor performance

by the end of the set (nalbi got broken 6-5** but won the tie break 7-5) he told the referee (umpire) he sucked and that he should do his job on future level.. and insulted him..

by the end of the second set .. the warning came :rolleyes: he waited a whole set to give a warning :shrug:
I recorded this point with the camera..
I will upload tomorrow in youtube :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts