Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
it's no shame to lose to Nakashima though. kid is a boss already at 18. so solid and seems to have a very cool mentality.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I watched it. Tomic has become an amateur, he was either netting or playing one meter long outs every second ball. And not because Nakashima was playing some superb tennis, most of the balls Tomic played were from the middle of the court, he didn't even have to chase them. The only points he won were by botting on serve. The scoreline should be more like 6-1 6-1, twice Tomic won a game on his serve from 0-40 iirc. He wasn't running to the balls, he wasn't bending the knees, most of the errors were not minimal - it was in the bottom of the net or meter long. In the same time he was chatting with someone and laughing. I can't wait till he falls off the rankings.

·
Registered
26,104 Posts
I saw the good part from 0-1 to 3-3 in the 3nd set. Bernard slapped lots of forehand winners, they really took off nicely on this court. He went for almost everything, played one good return game but sadly choked a forehand to go break up.

Hopefully he can get some practice in and play NY and Delray. After Delray he's probably done with ATP level...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts