Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where he'll be seeded? Cause the use the special grass ranking formula and he doesn't have many points from grass obviously the last couple of years. Could he face like Djokovic in R4?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I haven't had the time to tot anything up but I would imagine around the 11 mark, speaking of course if there are no movers from RG to Wimbly.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
They do alter seedings sometimes but with Rafa's recent run on Grass I expect it to be lowered if it is at all changed.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would place him at about 7 or 8th seed.

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Wawrinka
5. Nishikori
6. Dimitrov
7. Berdych
8. Nadal
9. Tsonga
10. Ferrer
Doesn't Wimbledon have a set formula though? They don't adjust seedings besides the formula which accounts for grass performance.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Wawrinka
5. Nishikori
6. Dimitrov
7. Berdych
8. Nadal
9. Tsonga
10. Ferrer
Nadal is already 10 in live rankings, so this is very unlikely.

1. Djokovic
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Nishikori*
5. Berdych*
6. Raonic if he plays
7. Wawrinka*
8. Ferrer
9. Cilic
10. Dimitrov

Nadal could be 11* unless he does well on grass build up. I find it particularly ignorant that you put Murray as no.2, considering that is actually seriously IMPOSSIBLE!

*depends on result of Tsonga vs Wawrinka FO SF.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Doesn't Wimbledon have a set formula though? They don't adjust seedings besides the formula which accounts for grass performance.
Not 100% sure but I think the formula is ranking points + points won on grass last year + 75% of grass points won 2 years ago. So it's not going to be a big diffrence between the seedings and the real ranking.
Anyways if no top 16 seeds loses before R4 then the players seeded 1-4 will face seeds 13-16 while the 5-8 group will play the 9-12 group. So it's almost sure that Nadal will play someone ranked between 5-8 before the QFs.

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
Dimitrov's performance last year will put him in the top 10. I can't see them dropping Ferrer, so he'll be out of the top 10 at Wimbledon for sure.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think the formula is ranking points + points won on grass last year + 75% of grass points won 2 years ago. So it's not going to be a big diffrence between the seedings and the real ranking.
Anyways if no top 16 seeds loses before R4 then the players seeded 1-4 will face seeds 13-16 while the 5-8 group will play the 9-12 group. So it's almost sure that Nadal will play someone ranked between 5-8 before the QFs.
This is only the case for R32, Nadal could face any one top 8 before QF;)

·
Registered
5,322 Posts

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Wawrinka
5. Nishikori
6. Dimitrov
7. Berdych
8. Nadal
9. Tsonga
10. Ferrer
:haha: :haha:

Murray ahead of Federer? ARE YOU JOKING?

Such a deluded GB fan, stop listening to BBC commentary.

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
This is only the case for R32, Nadal could face any one top 8 before QF
Joker/Nadal 4R anyone? :cute:

Reactions: ProdigyEng

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
Ferrer is 1700 points ahead of Dimitrov. This ain't happening
Dimitrov will be ahead of Nadal. They won't drop Ferrer under Nadal to keep Nadal in the top 10, so he'll drop. Nightmare would be Tsonga jumping him to 11, and Feli going on a solid run.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
This is only the case for R32, Nadal could face any one top 8 before QF;)
Only if he is not seeded in the top 12.

If no surprises throught a GS the draw is like this

R3
seeds 1-8 vs. 25-32

seeds 9-16 vs. 17-24

R4
seeds 1-4 vs. 13-16
seeds 5-8 vs 9-12

1 - 20 of 71 Posts