Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal's new Racquet --> Slow balls -- Disastrous decision (edit - back to old racquet

I watched this match nadal vs fognini.
Nadals returns are like as if the ball is landing on the other side in slow motion. The opponent has more time to adjust his position and smash it with angles.

Looks like Nadal's team is making disastrous decisions.

He needs a racquet that doesn't make his returns slower. Due to this Nadal is getting tired too soon. Same energy, same will power but the balls are landing slowly on the other side, giving advantage to the opponents. The balls are completely readable even though they have top spin.

Nadal what the heck man...wake up...imagine a fast return with top spin ..opponents will have difficulty reading your returns..

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Nadal's new Racquet --> Slow balls -- Disastrous decision

Nadal crybabies need to calm down. I am sure a 14-time major champ, no matter how questionable those wins, can figure out how to get back on track. I am sure all is forgotten once he wins his 15 at the French this year. Federer also went through a period he was losing to Del Bonis and people like that. Even right now, Rafa can beat Ferrer, so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nadal crybabies need to calm down. I am sure a 14-time major champ, no matter how questionable those wins, can figure out how to get back on track. I am sure all is forgotten once he wins his 15 at the French this year. Federer also went through a period he was losing to Del Bonis and people like that. Even right now, Rafa can beat Ferrer, so it's not all bad.
With this racquet ...its very difficult for Nadal to reach QF in FO 2015.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts

Watch how Nadal loses to nobodies at Madrid and Rome and the woes continue, while Djokovic seems to sweep the clay season. RedhotRafa49 will be further in ruins and seem to want to attempt suicide. Then Nadal goes back to Roland Garros and magically peaks and trolls everyone to complete La Decima. Then RedHotRafa49 goes back to his usual self, and Slade quits watching tennis and requests permaban. :rolleyes: :zzz:

It's too predictable I can't even fathom it not happening. As much as I don't want it to happen, Djokovic will get trolled again.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Watch how Nadal loses to nobodies at Madrid and Rome and the woes continue, while Djokovic seems to sweep the clay season. RedhotRafa49 will be further in ruins and then attempt suicide. Then Nadal goes back to Roland Garros and magically peaks and trolls everyone to complete La Decima. Then RedHotRafa49 goes back to his usual self, and Slade quits watching tennis and requests permaban. :rolleyes: :zzz:

It's too predictable I can't even fathom it not happening. As much as I don't want it to happen, Djokovic will get trolled again.
Is novak with cold or is he just trolling?

your avatar..

·
Registered
11,145 Posts

Is novak with cold or is he just trolling?

your avatar..
Against Wawrinka in AO 2014, I think he was putting on a shirt and they froze the shot. :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

With this racquet ...its very difficult for Nadal to reach QF in FO 2015.
Dude ... stop this and your funny Djokovic avatar. Reminds me of how Mark Chan was the "biggest" Nole fan but called him ATP's Wozniacki ... show me 3 people who can take 3 sets off Rafa at RG. Just curious. It has happened once. Isner and Nole have taken 2 sets off Rafa. Losing in masters is different than losing in slams

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Against Wawrinka in AO 2014, I think he was putting on a shirt and they froze the shot. :lol:
he looks like a mummy there

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Dude ... stop this and your funny Djokovic avatar. Reminds me of how Mark Chan was the "biggest" Nole fan but called him ATP's Wozniacki ... show me 3 people who can take 3 sets off Rafa at RG. Just curious. It has happened once. Isner and Nole have taken 2 sets off Rafa. Losing in masters is different than losing in slams
I am serious....watch the highlights of fognini vs nadal...you can see how slow were the balls and how easy was it for fognini to adjust and smash. Of course fognini is a good clay court player....but the strings that nadal changed is a disastrous decision.

With this racquet....nadal appears to be playing his normal...but he is going to get tired after watching the returns of the opponents.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts

Intelligence is a quality Rafa doesn't possess.
That applies a lot within his fanbase as well.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Watch how Nadal loses to nobodies at Madrid and Rome and the woes continue, while Djokovic seems to sweep the clay season. RedhotRafa49 will be further in ruins and seem to want to attempt suicide. Then Nadal goes back to Roland Garros and magically peaks and trolls everyone to complete La Decima. Then RedHotRafa49 goes back to his usual self, and Slade quits watching tennis and requests permaban. :rolleyes: :zzz:

THIS.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

The new racket is just a paint job.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts

I am serious....watch the highlights of fognini vs nadal...you can see how slow were the balls and how easy was it for fognini to adjust and smash. Of course fognini is a good clay court player....but the strings that nadal changed is a disastrous decision.

With this racquet....nadal appears to be playing his normal...but he is going to get tired after watching the returns of the opponents.
It's all about Nadal's effort put in.

He played at his current 80% for whatever the reason, especially on the backhand side, movement and serve.

He'll raise his game for Madrid and Rome like the last year, but will still be well under his 101% saved for the second week RG exclusively, so again susceptible to hot players like Nishikori or Djokovic last year.

Nadal never made less than three finals and two titles at clay masters+RG since 2005. i.e. ten full seasons !, and the last season those three finals and two titles were at impending Madrid,Rome and Paris.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

Balls are landing too often on or inside the service line. Of course standing 5 metres behind the baseline to return serves doesn't help. If he gets his groundies closer to the baseline he'll do just fine at RG.

·
Registered
721 Posts

In Monte Carlo he played very good with the same racket. I watched his matches with Isner, Ferrer and Djokovic - he made excellent returns and very heavy topspin shots on the baseline. Against Djokovic he just couldn't sustain the same level. I don't see any problems with this racket, it seems these are just minor changes. Nadal just played badly against Fognini as if he wasn't on the court. If they play at RG he would smash him

·
Registered
5,305 Posts

Balls are landing too often on or inside the service line. Of course standing 5 metres behind the baseline to return serves doesn't help. If he gets his groundies closer to the baseline he'll do just fine at RG.
It takes a lot higher physical and mental sustained effort, though, probably too risky in Nadal's eyes because of possible minor injuries just a month before RG that would impede his preparation .

He'll have enough time to raise his game in the first RG week alone, if 100% physically ready after 7-10 matches in Madrid and Rome.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I agree with this....he needs to hit it deeper and not on the service line.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts