Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Praise the Opponent before a Match saying he can win the match, he is a great player and Blah Blah, forcing the opponent into a False Lull and then take him out on the Tennis Court.

He has done is so many times . Now he is praising Murray saying Murray i

"I'm not impressed by the way he's playing on clay. I am not answering in a bad way. I'm saying in a good way. He can play very well on all the surfaces. He's a candidate to win Roland Garros," said the 28-year-old Spaniard of the Wimbledon champion.

[\QUOTE]

What he hopes is that Murray falls in a False lull and become complacent and then Nadal will take him out on the Tennis Court.

He did the same against Ferrer.

Master of Mind Games. This Nadal

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
He mainly does it to convince himself and the media he's the underdog. It's not like Murray is going to hear this and implode spectacularly.

The only guy who falls for this time and again is Federer. He is a slave to the mind games.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
He mainly does it to convince himself and the media he's the underdog. It's not like Murray is going to hear this and implode spectacularly.

The only guy who falls for this time and again is Federer. He is a slave to the mind games.
Either that or Nadal's backhand bounces really high on Fed's once hander on the ClayTP.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Either that or Nadal's backhand bounces really high on Fed's once hander on the ClayTP.:rolleyes:
Nadal complains about back -> following day Fed falls out of the tournament.

Coincidence? (No)

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He is humble. That's his strength.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Jesus Christ, what's next? Nadal's cheating because he uses practice courts between matches? He's just being respectful.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
While I'm not fond of some his mindgames, I struggle to think how this can "lull" his opponents. They are not idiots to think "well, if he says I'm favorite, he'll shit his pants when he sees me on court" or whatever the OPs reasoning (if any :eek:) is.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
While I'm not fond of some his mindgames, I struggle to think how this can "lull" his opponents. They are not idiots to think "well, if he says I'm favorite, he'll shit his pants when he sees me on court" or whatever the OPs reasoning (if any :eek:) is.
this, if Murray who has won 2 slams, made many finals, beaten Nadal on 5 occasions etc etc lets it get to his head maybe is time to think about spending more time with the dogs

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Quite right.

Off topic, when I'm writing this 5 of the first 7 threads in GM have Nadal in the title. Amazing.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Uncle Toni has been teaching him this stuff for like 20 years now, they have it down to a science

·
Banned
2,797 Posts
He just gives "standard replies" over and over because he sucks at english and is probably afraid of saying something inappropriate.

But apparently Fedtards/Fakertards are the only people in this world who are not aware of Rafa's problems with english language.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this, if Murray who has won 2 slams, made many finals, beaten Nadal on 5 occasions etc etc lets it get to his head maybe is time to think about spending more time with the dogs
Well If Mind Games affect a certain 17 Times GS Winner, then Murray is a Small Fish.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Why it is that it didn't work indoors? Tell me genius...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
He just gives "standard replies" over and over because he sucks at english and is probably afraid of saying something inappropriate.

But apparently Fedtards/Fakertards are the only people in this world who are not aware of Rafa's problems with english language.
He didn't seem to have problems with English slamming Gulbis :lol: Mind you, I'm not complaining. For once he sounded genuine and a bit of tension between players is not bad at all. Judging by the PR-controlled pressers, you'd think they are playing checkers in the park and everyone loves everyone else to heaven and back.

Well If Mind Games affect a certain 17 Times GS Winner, then Murray is a Small Fish.

Only in your head does Federer losing stem from the fact that Nadal praises him as the favorite prior to the match :stupid: How do you ever rationalize it? What in your opinion happens in Federer's brain, why and how does he get so lulled that he can't beat an opponent he would beat without those "mindgames"?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Nadal is the mastermind of the ultra polite verbal jab... If he were a boxer he'd call himself a weakling, look frightened during the promotions and insure his face for millions before each match.

Fight night: The winner by 1st round Knockout.. Rafael Nadal!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
It might sound like reverse psychology but i think too much is being read into it. I remember once when he was asked about Alex Bogdanovic, and he told the press he would be a future number 1 no?

It's just Rafa being Rafa, i'm surprised his behaviour and motives still get questioned by people after 10 years.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I highly doubt Federer loses his matches because of what Nadal says before the game

the match of issue and others factors play are far greater role in that rivalry imo

but thats been discussed to death elsewhere, even if you are right maybe Federer should therefore spend more time with his kids :shrug:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Clown Duo of Nadal-Toni at it again. After praising Ferrer, Murray and later decimating them both, they are at Djokovic now. Saying he is the Favourite.

Djokovic must pay no heed to such histrionics and instead be alert.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Yes but only 2 out of those 17 slams he beat rafa. He doesnt need mindgames or mental strenght to beat the likes of roddick, philipousis, bagdathis, etc... He looks at them and they hide, thats how fed mastered 75% of his slam tally

1 - 20 of 21 Posts