1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
If he can find the right stuff anything is possible.
shut your mouth

and I'm sure he can do it

the reason Nadal does not usually serve as aggressively and with the best motion for higher pace is because it hurts his back a lot. I remember him saying that post US Open 2010 I believe it was that his back was killing him for a while

but maybe he is determined to defend this summer. he just is not tall enough and does not have the natural arc and shape in his body to really get the appropriate motion so he really has to force it

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
shut your mouth

and I'm sure he can do it

the reason Nadal does not usually serve as aggressively and with the best motion for higher pace is because it hurts his back a lot. I remember him saying that post US Open 2010 I believe it was that his back was killing him for a while

but maybe he is determined to defend this summer. he just is not tall enough and does not have the natural arc and shape in his body to really get the appropriate motion so he really has to force it
You're such a morbid person lmao

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I really hope this serve motion does not cripple Nadal for these two weeks. I know when he tried this in 2010 that it hurt his shoulder greatly. I'm worried the shoulder injury could return and his bad back may further be injured as a result. Maybe we're set for another Nadal Wawrinka final if Rafa continues to destroy his body.

He also needs to save his hand for his post-tennis poker career.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
:lol:

So the season of hyping Dull's average serve is oficially open?

He didn't serve that great last year at the US Open Series. Obviously the average speed in the hard will be higher than in the grass, cause he won't rely that much on the slice serve, despite the fact it will still be his primary serve option.

He was broken by a lot of players in both Masters. In the US Open, he wasn't broken until the semifinals, but it's difficult to be broken by the likes of Rogério Dutra Silva, Tommy Robredo and Ryan Harrison. I'd say his forehand was the main reason he played so well in the last year, not the serve.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
Improving the serve as the baseline game declines with age is just natural. Ask Fed

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
:lol:

So the season of hyping Dull's average serve is oficially open?

He didn't serve that great last year at the US Open Series. Obviously the average speed in the hard will be higher than in the grass, cause he won't rely that much on the slice serve, despite the fact it will still be his primary serve option.

He was broken by a lot of players in both Masters. In the US Open, he wasn't broken until the semifinals, but it's difficult to be broken by the likes of Rogério Dutra Silva, Tommy Robredo and Ryan Harrison. I'd say his forehand was the main reason he played so well in the last year, not the serve.
Yeah you are right but IMO Rafa' team lull all with the story of his knee' injuries and how he can not play on hard any more. IMO everyone was surprised because injured Rafa could run run faster than anyone.I am sure he lost on purpose at Wimbeldon so he could be fresher for hard court season and to get to #1 last year. He tries to do the same this year as well but i think many players will play very well at US Open.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
As if by magic!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Yeah you are right but IMO Rafa' team lull all with the story of his knee' injuries and how he can not play on hard any more. IMO everyone was surprised because injured Rafa could run run faster than anyone.I am sure he lost on purpose at Wimbledon so he could be fresher for hard court season and to get to #1 last year. He tries to do the same this year as well but i think many players will play very well at US Open.
Your post was perfect until you said that. :lol:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Pray for death!!!

Might as well hand him the trophy, he has a great shot without it, imagine him blasting in those serves like 2010.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like he has been doing every year, Nadal is expected to modify his service mechanics to give him more power and precision needed for the hard-court joust.

I guess that a powerful and precise serve wouldn't help at Wimbledon, or the AUS open. :confused:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts