Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should Rafa play with this injury?

• Yes, he's an all time warrior and gladiator. Play to the death.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yes, if he thinks it is not too bad, just a niggle, play on.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yes, start to play, but if it starts to feel worse, retire, don't risk it.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, withdraw, why risk worse injury again. Let it heal for WTF.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing to see here. This is a page from the "only loses when injured" book

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Ignore it. Just psychological warfare to have wounded Rafa unsettle Federer

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Warrior Rafa grimacing in pain during Gasquet match

Nadal struggles to reach ball with taped up knee

How do you think this will affect his match with Federer?
Should he even be playing? He could risk further injury.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
As we all know, Nadal is a fighter and he's guaranteed to battle it out for the large sum of money I placed on him to win. Making me slightly richer is a top priority for Nadal and a little knee pain won't stop him from accomplishing that. Vamos Bull!

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
OP, do you remember when Nadal turned up the first time with such a tape around his knee? Must have been something in 2004, I remember seeing him with this tape at the Stuttgart tournament. And he played on and played on and played on. Here you have your answer. He won't stop playing because of such a tape. If he should stop playing, that's another sheet of paper.

·
Premium Member
8,209 Posts
Nadal fans with excuses as always :zzz:

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
If Nadal has taught us anything it's that this will only increase his chances of coming out the victor.

·
Your visions will happen
46,600 Posts
Well of course I am concerned. All year I was happy he was healthy even if he was playing like shit.

Now, I don't know. Wasn't a fan of him playing Basel anyway but in any case we are here and we gonna see. Pretty sure Rafa can skip Paris no penalty if necessary

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Nadal fans with excuses as always :zzz:

OP is no Nadal fan.

IIRC, the twinge in the knee occurred during a point and game that Nadal won yesterday and I don't think the trainer took longer than a normal changeover to look at it. Seemed to have no impact after that game so hopefully it was nothing serious.

Wouldn't be surprised if he withdraws from or tanks Bercy now though. Not worth the risk if you have even the slightest doubt about your health.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Ace Loveforty
83,347 Posts
where´s NadalKnees when you need him

·
Your visions will happen
46,600 Posts
Really hope he pulls from Paris if he is not feeling well, no need to go for more when London is the real prize

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Get well soon, Rafa. Your fans know you can win the WTF on one leg but you will need two legs to be your dominant self.

·
Your visions will happen
46,600 Posts
He's playing singles and doubles ( with Paes) - hardly any problem with his knee.
Ok well he better not complain about it then if he's going to play also doubles. And if it gets worse he has himself only to blame

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.