• No

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do you think, could this be Nadal's first year since 2004 where he doesn't win a slam??
I think there is a high possibility that this could happen, given his overall form this year and especially on clay, where he got beat by guys he always used to routine(Fognini).
But you never now with Nadal, he can play himself into form in Madrid and Rome and than win RG.
Discuss :angel:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
I believe I was one of the first to say this. Dull's form has been garbage and if he doesn't win RG, he will be slamless this year.

And for anybody onboard the Grassdull hype, I ask you how Nadull is supposed to win on his worst surface when he can't even win on his best?

I mean AO was GIFTED to him! R1 = injured, R2 = 17y.o., R3 = clown, R4 = lucky Nishikori choked the 3rd, QF = one-hander, and Dimitrov choked, SF = great match-up and mental advantage, F = 26:0 in sets won.

...and he still lost! That could be a sign of what is to come.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nadal winning Channel Slam and USO confirmed.
:D

He reached the final of the only major final played this year. He currently looks more likely to win majors this year than either Federer or Murray. I really don't see Wawrinka (!) and Djokovic splitting the next three...

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
:D

He reached the final of the only major final played this year. He currently looks more likely to win majors this year than either Federer or Murray. I really don't see Wawrinka (!) and Djokovic splitting the next three...
This.

The guy who won 2 and played 3 finals of the last 4 slams is being counted out? :lol: only in MTF!

He also was ending 2013 in worse form compared to his peak, yet he managed reaching final in AO, and if he wouldnt have been injured He'd likely won anyways, wether Wawa would played better or not.

I think that even if rafa loses RG he wont go slamless, because Murray is far from his peak and djoker will be worried more of his kids for wimby. LEt alone about USO, I think rafa has high chances to dominate the late of the current year, being that wawa is not used to such peak of tennis and he could deflate by then, nole could be into his father role, and fed busy teaching his 50 kids and the other 50 left.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Enough with the jinxing threads. Let's just see how RG plays out, which I'm sure he'll fluke into one way or another.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I believe I was one of the first to say this. Dull's form has been garbage and if he doesn't win RG, he will be slamless this year.

And for anybody onboard the Grassdull hype, I ask you how Nadull is supposed to win on his worst surface when he can't even win on his best?

I mean AO was GIFTED to him! R1 = injured, R2 = 17y.o., R3 = clown, R4 = lucky Nishikori choked the 3rd, QF = one-hander, and Dimitrov choked, SF = great match-up and mental advantage, F = 26:0 in sets won.

...and he still lost! That could be a sign of what is to come.
More likely he played average at best and still crushed fed on SF and made it to the final (which He would have likely won if he wasnt injured).

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
More likely he played average at best and still crushed fed on SF and made it to the final (which He would have likely won if he wasnt injured).
Even if Dull played at 10% he would still beat Federer, but that isn't saying much disrespect because Dull has a lucky match-up advantage. Beating Federer for Nadull is no indication of form, and if you actually observe the way Dull played the AO, he was about 35%-45%.

He should have been taken to 4/5 for Nishikori, and probably should have lost in 4 against Dimitrov if he didn't choke like mad.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Even if Dull played at 10% he would still beat Federer, but that isn't saying much disrespect because Dull has a lucky match-up advantage. Beating Federer for Nadull is no indication of form, and if you actually observe the way Dull played the AO, he was about 35%-45%.

He should have been taken to 4/5 for Nishikori, and probably should have lost in 4 against Dimitrov if he didn't choke like mad.
Well they always choke no? :rolleyes:

IF they really chocked against rafa and not against the rest of the field they would be top 5 in the atp rankings, but they are nowhere near there. Dimi and Kei are just non-consistent and not used to reach late stages, and they aren't enough of a player (yet) to beat rafa playing at his 35-45% on a slam.

Wawa was the lucky one at this year, considering Rafa was injured in the Final, because even if Wawa would manage to play slighty better than a fully fit rafa, Its the mental edge battle where he would have lost., anybody who has done extense sport and have competed on anything in their lives know that Its quite possible, when the expectations, that you push a real injury, even when you were almost fully fit. The random pains that are nothing serious on a normal day will turn into your worst nightmare by then.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Well they always choke no? :rolleyes:

IF they really chocked against rafa and not against the rest of the field they would be top 5 in the atp rankings, but they are nowhere near there. They are just non-consistend and not used to reach late stages, and they arent enough of a player to beat rafa playing at his 35-45% on a slam.

Wawa was lucky that Rafa was injured in the Final, because even if he would manage to play slighty better than a fully fit rafa, rafa is the mental giant who would have won the important points more often than not. Rafa injuried himself for overstressing, anybody who has done extense sport or have competed on anything in their lives know that Its quite possible, when the expectations are too high and your body is even 5% injured, it can push to a real injury.

Check 14:10. Need I say more? :lol:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

Check 14:10. Need I say more? :lol:
Rafa won at the end in 4 sets, it wasnt even a tight 5th set, need I say more?

Anything you say about Dimi choking doesnt reflect the reality. Even if he did, its part of game, and thats the reason why he is already 22 (2 weeks from turning 23) and he hasnt won anything big.

Its like you blame someone for doing too many UE or someone for hitting too few Winners, but no, the chocking is on reality a responsability of the other player (who didnt win) and not fault of yourself for having won the match.

Now I could make an argument for all the people who doesnt beat a player who didnt hit 100 winners or who had 50 UE, because you dont deserve the win at all, ohh and the psychological part is always luck, in fact its all down to chokes of the other player.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Enough with the jinxing threads. Let's just see how RG plays out, which I'm sure he'll fluke into one way or another.
this
the threads are getting outrageously desperate
Nadal made the final of the one slam so far this year, I don't see any logic in counting him in or out at this point. we all know that with him he can have a few poor tournaments and then play great, or vice versa. it's hard to really predict. he could not win another match all clay season and then maybe he'd be fresher for grass than regular or just as dangerous on HC in the summer. who knows.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think so too, 2014 will be his slamless season.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

You do remember that blister in his hand right? That wasnt photoshoped.

If Rafa was gifted AO what to say about Stan?

As for topic it was bound to happen its been posted for years that was the year Rafa wouldnt win a GS and year after year he does it.

Its a record that will live on as the big 4 retire.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

As for topic it was bound to happen its been posted for years that was the year Rafa wouldnt win a GS and year after year he does it.

Stan beat the no. 1 and 2 in the world and played at an extremely high level. Dull only had to face mugs, chokers, and his grandpa pigeon. Well, two pigeons. But we all know what happened with the second one.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts

But why bring the blister excuse? He played even worse than the AO this year, and I assume the "blister" is not really bothering him months after.

Also Stan beat the defending champ and tournament favourite, so definitely he's a well deserved winner. He outplayed Dull for a set and a break until Dull gave up and robbed Stan of his moment.

@ blueclay - Choking is different than accepting errors from hitting bigger shots. You saw Dimitrov got tight and that's why he lost the set, and probably the match.

The fourth wasn't close because Dull thrives on outlasting his opponents, and let's face it - after choking that breaker, Dimitrov must have been mentally done.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts