Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think wearing orange Tshirt on clay should be forbidden. We all have that small angle that we can view despite looking at other direction. Nadal wearing orange Tshirt as camouflage will without any doubt cause Djokovic trouble to hit a decent passing shot or guess where he might be heading.
Nadal is standing far behind the baseline which makes it even harder to notice him.

Allow me to explain as an eye expert. When you look at an object you see it because light reflects off the object and converges on the layer of the eye called the retina. The eyes receive light from many different directions and distances. To be seen, all light must focus on the comparatively tiny area of the retina. Nadal standing at a large distance and small angle area will cause alot of trouble absorbing light when wearing identical Tshirt as the court he is standing on.

I forgot to add that Djokovic has a bad sight. He's wearing lenses and often seen with glasses so this further proves to be an disadvantage. Contact Lenses cant correct all the light that must be absorbed by retina.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Re: Nadal's camouflage unfair adventage

:worship:

·
Premium Member
20,707 Posts

they were both wearing orange you muppet :lol:

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
3,215 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The point is Nadal does it quite often, standing far behind the baseline gives further adventage. Djokovic gave him a taste of his own medicine, but how many other players are victimized because of this camouflage?

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Novak didn't seem to be bothered by the orange t-shirt today.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
If you want to turn tennis into a game of Marco Polo go ahead.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm curious how many matches Nadal has played camouflaged.

Nadal wearing light blue, because he's always standing far behind the baseline. No benefit from dark blue, because that demands aggresive play style. This is what I call double camouflage fooling the opponent and the spectators.
Here are a few other examples.

·
Registered
394 Posts

But Nadals shirt is camouflaged with the lines too.. If only he were standing on the baseline and not 50 feet behind it.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
now we finally know how Fed got the most astonishing tennis record. a career undefeated record on one particular surface aka. blue clay

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Waiting for the day when a player hits what appears to be a winner, then their opponent suddenly emerges from the environment to get it back and wins the point, before fading back into invisibility.

Especially unfair for Nadal to wear such camouflage, since when returning he stands so far back that people really need a stark colour contrast to identify him without binoculars.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts