Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what people think of Nadal (according to some posters here -- I haven't seen a recent match) picking up Djokovic's habit of bouncing the ball incessantly before a serve.

It's ironic that Nadal now has picked up or is imitating this Djokovic habit in matches instead of for comedy.

Especially because Rafa didn't like Djokovic taking his imitation of Nadal (and imitations of other players) on to the court of a grand slam tournament. I'd agree with him about it not being sporting to do at a slam tournament.

Up until now, some if not all of Rafa's tics have come across as OCD to me. A lot, such as the water bottle arranging, don't have anything to do with the opponent.

But both he and Djokovic have service habits that seem specifically designed to take control of the point before they've hit the ball.

Specifically, I'm wondering how people think Djokovic might react -- or not react -- to Nadal giving him a dose of his own ball-bouncing routine if they face each other in a Dubai semifinal or elsewhere soon.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Don't give a shit.

And I don't think Nole will be bothered if they both reach the semis.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
since ass picking wasnt enough he tried to add another annoying element to his service ritual

·
Your visions will happen
48,517 Posts
since ass picking wasnt enough he tried to add another annoying element to his service ritual
It's like adding hot sauce to a jalapeno

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
i noticed it against kohlschreiber the other day. i also decided to time how long between his serves and he took an average of 10 seconds longer than kohlschreiber (32 seconds to 22 seconds)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
It's like adding hot sauce to a jalapeno

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Love Rafa, but THIS HAS TO STOP. Even Lendl, the master of turtle time, bounced the ball NO MORE than four times.:mad:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
He copies everything. "The put the hair behind the ears thing" is Sharapova's routine and he often does that, too now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
One thing about Novak's bouncing I noticed first time today: he is bouncing a ball x (random number) times before he start (sort of) shaking his racquet holding hand, after that he bounces 3-4 times more and then serve. :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He copies everything. "The put the hair behind the ears thing" is Sharapova's routine and he often does that, too now.
That's rich, coming from a Djokovic fan! Djokovic imitates everything. A lot of Nadal's habits, including ones that have nothing to do with the original subject of this thread (should have realized haters would mention them) are his alone.

Nadal is one of my faves, if not my absolute fave, on tour. He seems to have OCD, he reminds me of Mary Pierce in that regard. Pierce was rebabe-ifying her hair long before Sharapova, or that other babe who likes to fix his lovely bangs, Federer. :lol:

Does that mean Federer is imitating Mary Pierce?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
As much as I love the bloke, that stupid excessive ball bouncing HAS. TO. STOP!

No idea where it came from, didn't help him at all in Rotterdam.

Pull your socks, adjust your hair, grunt, whipe your arms, adjust your water bottles, pick your ass... but please, not THIS.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
He's always done that.

edit: Why do people say he picks his ass, when he picks at his shorts? Just a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
its the way he does it -_- and nole imitates for fun and not during matches-

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
It's very simple: Facing the choice between Faderer [<- intentional typo] and Djokovic, Nadal discreetly shows where his loyalties lie ;)

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
edit: Why do people say he picks his ass, when he picks at his shorts? Just a pet peeve of mine.
Easy one

his shorts are wedged between his crack when he does the picking.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts