Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a sight that will be, Nadal winning his 20th Grand Slam title and ending Federer's reign forever, but the coronation ceremony for the new GOAT will take place in a sad silent empty Stadium.
The symbolism will haunt tennis history, a fitting representation for the day Tennis died.

·
Registered
20 Posts
France has currently banned public gatherings, so if this is still going on in June, we may not even have a French Open this year? What if a professional tennis player catches coronavirus.... The quarantine would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
318 Posts
People are overreacting way to much about this. I understand the need to try to contain the virus so it doesn’t spread. But your only at risk of dying if you’re 75+ or under 6months old. The flu kills more people.

I would rather an empty stadium then no French open. I’m sure the players would agree.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
People are overreacting way to much about this. I understand the need to try to contain the virus so it doesn’t spread. But your only at risk of dying if you’re 75+ or under 6months old. The flu kills more people.

I would rather an empty stadium then no French open. I’m sure the players would agree.
Overreacting? You would not be saying that if you were part of the at risk group. It's not just old people, but young people with other health problems. This thing is likely 3 or 4 times deadlier than flu, maybe 10 times more deadly.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Uh? How are people overreacting? Anyway, this is still a couple of months away so you never know what happens. But if things continue to look like this, Rome will certainly be cancelled. Monte Carlo, maybe. They may keep FO without crowds since it's a slam but there's still a small chance that they may not have it this year at all.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
RG will be cancelled. Fed and @swiss_tennisgod will be celebrating decontaminating themselves with large amounts of vodka.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
RG will be cancelled. Fed and @swiss_tennisgod will be celebrating decontaminating themselves with large amounts of vodka.
Please. Why stop there? Luckily, the corona virus is quite easy to catch in Switzerland right now. Then all I have to do is seek out Nadal and Djokovic and give them a long, friendly hug.

This is the time for the tards around the world to make a difference. Lets spread the virus in the right direction to secure Federers GOAT status. I believe in you all, people.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Please. Why stop there? Luckily, the corona virus is quite easy to catch in Switzerland right now. Then all I have to do is seek out Nadal and Djokovic and give them a long, friendly hug.

This is the time for the tards around the world to make a difference. Lets spread the virus in the right direction to secure Federers GOAT status. I believe in you all, people.
Federer would be proud of tards like you.

·
|
14,968 Posts
Looking at Rafa and Djokovic's clay Masters points they'll be defending (or cancelling):

Monte Carlo
Rafa SF
Djokovic QF

Madrid
Rafa SF
Djokovic Won

Rome
Rafa Won
Djokovic F

·
Registered
176 Posts
Seriously, how awkward and eerie would it be to celebrate a grand slam win with only the smattering applause of some ball kids and lines people? Indeed, it would take a lot of the glory away from the victory. Would they even allow coaches and family in?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Seriously, how awkward and eerie would it be to celebrate a grand slam win with only the smattering applause of some ball kids and lines people? Indeed, it would take a lot of the glory away from the victory. Would they even allow coaches and family in?
FO will be cancel 100%!

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is such an ignorant statement.

1. COVID-19 is 34 times more deadly than flu. That's the official WHO number
2. There's no vaccine for COVID-19
3. Around 50% of the people that show symptoms from COVID-19 infection need to be hospitalized

Yes, flu kills more people, but only because hundreds of millions of people in the world every year get the flu. Even with only a 0.1% mortality rate of the flu, that results in more deaths overall.

But if the same or similar number of people get the COVID-19 as they get the flu every year, tens of millions of people would die worldwide. Worse, the health systems in affected countries would completely collapse, because no country in the world has resources and staff to hospitalize and care for millions of people at the same time.

If anything, people are grossly under-reacting to this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What a sight that will be, Nadal winning his 20th Grand Slam title and ending Federer's reign forever, but the coronation ceremony for the new GOAT will take place in a sad silent empty Stadium.
The symbolism will haunt tennis history, a fitting representation for the day Tennis died.
Nadal was crowned GOAT last September.

Rafa will not care one bit who sees him win. History will say 20. Job done. He probably will prefer an empty stadium. No pressure and talent wise nobody touches him on clay.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts