Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though nadal has been in horrible form on clay by his standards he will still play great at Rg. I don't know why he always play great there even if he doesn't play great in warm up tournaments. kinda like when he plays federer it doesn't matter how bad he's been in previous matches you know he's going to play well.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I fully expect you to be proved right on this one, even if he has to wait until such time as he faces Fed to demonstrate it.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
OP trying to be the next Roy Emerson. A cheap imitation.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Even not at his best, there is only 1 player who can beat him in 3 out of 5 set matches there, and that is a long shot ... so I fully expect Rafa to win his last FO this year

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
A couple more dumb-ass threads like that and he's almost there :haha:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't do jinx, neither do i believe in such things:wavey:
Simon freaken Reed couldn't jinx Dull. Therefore no one can jinx him no matter what. Stop trying ppl.
As i said before I don't do jinx neither do i believe in such things. it just the truth he always plays well at Rg regardless of his form in previous tournaments

A couple more dumb-ass threads like that and he's almost there :haha:
So you disagree.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Op is frustrated with Madrid so he opens threads about Rafa. Whic is fine. He could open tastless thread about Nole.

Actually if Nole wins RG this ERA in tennis will have a Golden Career Slam Winner , a Silver Career Slam Winner and Bronze Career Slam Winner

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Berdych is beating Nadal at RG this year. Book it.

No one beats Tomas Berdych 19 times in a row.
lol. Berdych's only way of winning is flooding the court with his p*ss before the match to immobilize Rafa. You know better than I do that Berdych approaches Rafa matches bent over

·
Your visions will happen
47,128 Posts
Usually he does.

Nadal to me at the moment appears to be fully healthy, just bad.

Was lucky to beat Nishikori, we gonna see in Rome.

All I ask is that he is healthy for RG. If he is to lose, then lose with no excuses.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I agree and I think the reason for this is that in BO5 on clay he can play relaxed because he knows that he's fitter than 90% of the opponents out there and that one set difference won't be the end all be all

I think it frees him up, less stressed out, can play his best tennis. then even when he's down (think Isner 1st rd a few years ago) he has enough confidence and great memories there that he doesn't ever lose belief

for a lot of reasons its just the perfect recipe and tournament for him. anyone who thinks Nadal won't improve for RG are crazy. after all, he cares as much about that event as the rest of the clay season combined

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Usually he does.

Nadal to me at the moment appears to be fully healthy, just bad.

Was lucky to beat Nishikori, we gonna see in Rome.

All I ask is that he is healthy for RG. If he is to lose, then lose with no excuses.
You just contradicted yourself Einstein

·
23,063 Posts
Probably -- that is why I was gutted by Nishikori not winning Madrid, because the big players are going to be complete again in Rome and RG and it would be harder for Kei and the others to make a breakthrough -- only 7 players have managed to win a big title while the Big Four are there, 1 since after the real domination started after Miami 2010. Even harder if only 3 plays there statistically (only 4 instances I think). Now I feel either Djokovic/Nadal wins here, unless the Stanimal brings his A-Game IMO (even then I would like others get a Clay masters to heat things up).

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Rafa has to make an enormous jump in his level of tennis to be even considered for the title in RG. I have never seen him so comprehensively beaten in one set on clay before Paris.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well Madrid was definitely a step in the right direction, bar that first set against Nishikori. I suppose Rome will provide even more indicators of where he's at. If Rafa wins Rome comprehensively, then I expect him to hit RG on fire. If he gets taken out before the final though, then everything is still up in the air.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts