Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Only if injured or not fit enough, because he is guaranteed the easiest possible AO/USO draws, and he is capable of winning RG even with QF vs Tsitsipas' OHBH, semi vs Thiem and finals vs Djokovic, but in that case he would probably not be fresh enough for the Wimb SF/F.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
BoId statement but partIy true in that he aways seems to have taiIor made excuses when knocked out of AO or USO but at FO seems like a Ioc as perhaps only one year in past decade when he didn't 'show up' there. As for WB, as Iong as Fedovic r in the mix or in his way, doubtfuI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think nadal is near lock to win Australia. Just have a his feeling he’s gonna do it. His form is the best in the world right now with unreal win percentages and he looks so free and healthy. He beats nex gen 9 times out of 10. See fed and Novak being knocked out by nex gen in slams with nadal happily beating them in finals. We shall see.

bold prediction Novak wins no slams and fed is done so we know he’s got no chance. Next gen and nadal To clean up next year

·
justice for all
11,651 Posts
Bets are overrated here.
I think there’s a good chance he’ll come just short next year. He broke his usual routine of tanking the indoor season and getting rejuvenated for the clay season. He might have overplayed and he’s not a spring chicken anymore (even if he is a chickendull). I see him falling down on clay next year. AO will be key, if he goes deep there but loses he’s cooked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I doubt it, he will likely skip Indian wells and Miami next season or at least one of them. He’s gonna be very conservative with his schedule. Nadal defies all these predictions every time. 19 slams and counting when he wasn’t meant to even have 5 by predictions 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely nobody expected him to finish number 1 this season and win 2 slams. Most expected him to win nothing back in March. Here we are

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
... Seen nothing in those last 2 sets in this years French Open final to suggest Thiem will get the win or anywhere near it should he get to the final again.... and therefore it begs the question... just who'll beat him in 2020 if Thiem isn't in the final.Yeah... just as I figured.It'll be a huge shock if he doesn't bag 13 if he goes into the tournament fresh and having won a claycourt Masters Series or 2 in the leadup.

... One thing I'm pretty sure on is that he won't win the WTF in 2020 and that's once again another hole in his resume.

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,386 Posts
The word "single" wasn't necessary for the sentence to work (Nadal will not win a grand slam next year)

So OP included it for a reason: "a single" -- meaning he will win either none, or 2, 3 or 4 (but not one)? ;)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts