Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
49,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa tries to remain optimistic despite dark times

The Spaniard like many others hope that tennis will return to normality in 2021 as words of a potential vaccine are louder and louder. While taking part in a Spanish show he said:

“We’ll still be here for a while longer, competing and striving to win."

Nadal didn't quite have the year he wanted to have but nonetheless, he is optimistic going forward.

"We can’t let ourselves fall into everyday defeatism. I think that taking an optimistic view of life helps us get through difficult times."

He continued by saying:

“Work, dedication, passion and commitment are required. Everyone has to find their own path and what makes them give the best of themselves. I have only taken part in five tournaments this year. Although things are going very well for me, it is definitely true that it is a sad year in general.”

·
justice for all
16,228 Posts
Some will say it's an obvious thing to say but still wise words and good encouragement from Rafa to those who follow him.
The problem is the scale of defeatism or depression is now in these ugly times unprecedented and the longer it lasts the more unpredictable long term consequences.
That's why it's so important to at least have an ersatz of normalcy - like for example the tournaments that were held in 2nd part of 2020 despite the pandemic going on.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
this damned fake virus flu is the biggest damned hoax in the history of hoaxes. Nobody would even know about it if they media didn't tell them 247 for the last year.

·
Super Moderator
12,307 Posts
Weak PopCon campaign threads today Johnny , you’ll need to do more, some are on fire 😉

·
Your visions will happen
49,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weak PopCon campaign threads today Johnny , you’ll need to do more, some are on fire 😉
I've long ago not cared about that. I expect another R3/R4 showing and then I'm out. Not willing to do as much as needed to win this thing here

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
this damned fake virus flu is the biggest damned hoax in the history of hoaxes. Nobody would even know about it if they media didn't tell them 247 for the last year.
Nobody would know? What kind of monster are you? The media? I don't need it to tell me anything. I've got friends dying from this virus, very sick friends in their 30's and 40's trying to cope with a very weakened condition from this virus, many not being able to work because of the government's response to the virus, shops closed, and too little support, and children living in fear everyday that their parents will suddenly be taken from them. Children trying to cope with on-line learning, not seeing their friends for months because of restrictions due to trying to keep the virus spread under some control. Families that want to see each other, who aren't allowed to travel for holidays. Potential parents worried about having a baby in these times. The psychological impact of living through this is damaging...and much more.. It's affecting almost everyone around me.

So, I don't know what kind of frelling Denial Bubble you and the too many people like you are living in, but take your tin conspiracy hat off, leave your basement, and look around you, until then, just STFU with your fricking nonsense, and hope you aren't the next one to be taken away in an ambulance with no place to put you, except back in your own bed with nothing and nobody to help you while you wait to die.

This Ain't a Hoax, mf'er.
masterclass

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Rafa tries to remain optimistic despite dark times

The Spaniard like many others hope that tennis will return to normality in 2021 as words of a potential vaccine are louder and louder. While taking part in a Spanish show he said:

“We’ll still be here for a while longer, competing and striving to win."

Nadal didn't quite have the year he wanted to have but nonetheless, he is optimistic going forward.

"We can’t let ourselves fall into everyday defeatism. I think that taking an optimistic view of life helps us get through difficult times."

He continued by saying:

“Work, dedication, passion and commitment are required. Everyone has to find their own path and what makes them give the best of themselves. I have only taken part in five tournaments this year. Although things are going very well for me, it is definitely true that it is a sad year in general.”
Agree with RAFA. We have to be as optimistic as we can be, while being careful and responsible. We also have to hope that an effective vaccine arrives soon so that as a society we have enough immunity and we can return to some level of normalcy. I'm sure the players would like to travel without concern and play in front of crowds again, and not have tournaments cancelled left and right.

I don't know if it is official yet, but Indian Wells is in real danger of being cancelled/suspended for the second straight year, so we have to take what we can get as safely as possible.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
873 Posts
You should have a look at how things were in places where no measures were taken against it. Anyone anywhere near a hospital would know about it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
When you’re a wealthy superstar athlete, it’s pretty easy to be optimistic. When you’re in an average family, trying to stay safe from the pandemic, while struggling to put food on the table and barely being able to pay the rent, it’s not so easy.

So I’m sure Rafa can endure these hard times when his biggest obstacle is staying healthy enough to play high level tennis. But speaking for myself, I can do without the rosy rhetoric of a celebrity athlete.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
When you’re a wealthy superstar athlete, it’s pretty easy to be optimistic. When you’re in an average family, trying to stay safe from the pandemic, while struggling to put food on the table and barely being able to pay the rent, it’s not so easy.

So I’m sure Rafa can endure these hard times when his biggest obstacle is staying healthy enough to play high level tennis. But speaking for myself, I can do without the rosy rhetoric of a celebrity athlete.
Amen. Such a hypocrite. Totally out of touch with reality.

I'm sure life must be very hard for Nadal on his giant boat or his vast mansion. And imagine the pain he must endure if he wants to check what time it is and has to turn his arm to look at his giant, million dollar watch.

Nadal needs to shut the fuck up. He skipped the US Open, stating it does not feel right to play due to the pandemic, yet was shitting all over it when he could snatch another slam in Paris, while the virus was raging around it.

All Nadal cares is about winning. Fuck him.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

I'm sure life must be very hard for Nadal on his giant boat or his vast mansion. And imagine the pain he must endure if he wants to check what time it is and has to turn his arm to look at his giant, million dollar watch.

Nadal needs to shut the fuck up. He skipped the US Open, stating it does not feel right to play due to the pandemic, yet was shitting all over it when he could snatch another slam in Paris, while the virus was raging around it.

What a pathetic retard u r,lol

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
911 Posts

That's pretty harsh because I do think Rafa is a genuinely decent person. He just needs to get a broader perspective before giving unsolicited advice to the masses.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Nobody would know? What kind of monster are you? The media? I don't need it to tell me anything. I've got friends dying from this virus, very sick friends in their 30's and 40's trying to cope with a very weakened condition from this virus, many not being able to work because of the government's response to the virus, shops closed, and too little support, and children living in fear everyday that their parents will suddenly be taken from them. Children trying to cope with on-line learning, not seeing their friends for months because of restrictions due to trying to keep the virus spread under some control. Families that want to see each other, who aren't allowed to travel for holidays. Potential parents worried about having a baby in these times. The psychological impact of living through this is damaging...and much more.. It's affecting almost everyone around me.

So, I don't know what kind of frelling Denial Bubble you and the too many people like you are living in, but take your tin conspiracy hat off, leave your basement, and look around you, until then, just STFU with your fricking nonsense, and hope you aren't the next one to be taken away in an ambulance with no place to put you, except back in your own bed with nothing and nobody to help you while you wait to die.

This Ain't a Hoax, mf'er.
masterclass
Your reply is indicative of someone who has been psychologically manipulated and abused. Your cognitive dissonance is evident in your inability discern reality from the manufactured false reality put forth by authority figures and media manipulators. For instance you obviously have never once thought about the nature of "viruses". I'm sure you have absorbed countless media representations via "entertainment" that has molded and formed a persistent illusion to be manipulated later once the subject has been primed. You have to reclaim your mind and extricate the thought that "authority" is not to be questioned. There are no "viral" agents that cause pathogenic illness. People are suffering, true. But the suffering isn't from a virus, it's from lies, manipulation, greed and a lust for power.

A “virus” is supposed to be ONLY RNA ( information specifically coding instructions for the assembly of proteins ) encased in a protein capsid or shell.

a virus does not

perform metabolism, possess a capacity for reproduction, possess a response to stimuli, possess a cellular composition nor is it capable of complex growth.

so a virus has no agency, is not alive, has no reason to reproduce, no method of locomotion and no reason to mutate in order to “evolve”.

so tell me, why would a “virus” hijack organisms in order to reproduce when it has no agency? Why would a virus mutate in order to “survive” when it is not alive in the first place? Why would a “virus” just happen to have the perfect protein spikes that just so happen to be the perfect key to get cells to invite them in for transcription?

easy. “Viruses” are created by the very cells themselves as chemical messages to enact responses to environmental changes. Of course these messages could be artificially created in a lab, but the only way these would spread is at needle point.

I advise everyone who rejects the obvious lies being put forth in these times trying to reach the manipulated to remember a quote from the bible.

"do not cast thine pearls before swine."

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Your reply is indicative of someone who has been psychologically manipulated and abused. Your cognitive dissonance is evident in your inability discern reality from the manufactured false reality put forth by authority figures and media manipulators. For instance you obviously have never once thought about the nature of "viruses". I'm sure you have absorbed countless media representations via "entertainment" that has molded and formed a persistent illusion to be manipulated later once the subject has been primed. You have to reclaim your mind and extricate the thought that "authority" is not to be questioned. There are no "viral" agents that cause pathogenic illness. People are suffering, true. But the suffering isn't from a virus, it's from lies, manipulation, greed and a lust for power.

A “virus” is supposed to be ONLY RNA ( information specifically coding instructions for the assembly of proteins ) encased in a protein capsid or shell.

a virus does not

perform metabolism, possess a capacity for reproduction, possess a response to stimuli, possess a cellular composition nor is it capable of complex growth.

so a virus has no agency, is not alive, has no reason to reproduce, no method of locomotion and no reason to mutate in order to “evolve”.

so tell me, why would a “virus” hijack organisms in order to reproduce when it has no agency? Why would a virus mutate in order to “survive” when it is not alive in the first place? Why would a “virus” just happen to have the perfect protein spikes that just so happen to be the perfect key to get cells to invite them in for transcription?

easy. “Viruses” are created by the very cells themselves as chemical messages to enact responses to environmental changes. Of course these messages could be artificially created in a lab, but the only way these would spread is at needle point.

I advise everyone who rejects the obvious lies being put forth in these times trying to reach the manipulated to remember a quote from the bible.

"do not cast thine pearls before swine."

Please, it's tiresome enough dealing with this disinformation in the public sphere as it is without having to wade through this nonsense on a tennis forum.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
That's pretty harsh because I do think Rafa is a genuinely decent person. He just needs to get a broader perspective before giving unsolicited advice to the masses.
He's not giving unsolicited advice to the masses so much as speaking his mind in an hour-long tv interview in Spain where it's being asked directly of him and in which he also said "although things are going very well for me, it is definitely true that it is a sad year in general.”

I am not sure what 'broader perspective' means here for you in such a context as this looked pretty broad to me given who he is.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts