Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
And both of them seem in reasonable form.

If nothing else it will be good for them to meet so all the fuss about them never playing is put behind us.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Hmmm... like to so much hyped-up meetings of Raf vs. Safin, I think this will be a rather mediocre match with Raf whiping Dave off court in two straight sets. Could be wrong though, but I don't really see what Dave has as weapons against an obviously in-form Nadal.
We'll see what happens. :D

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Hmmm... like to so much hyped-up meetings of Raf vs. Safin, I think this will be a rather mediocre match with Raf whiping Dave off court in two straight sets. Could be wrong though, but I don't really see what Dave has as weapons against an obviously in-form Nadal.
Yeah I don't think it's going to be the greatest match but after how long it's taken for them to play each other, it will be nice to see how they do match up and to get it over with.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
27,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
People forget how well Nalbandian is capable of playing - i guess because he hasn't shown it once this year :eek:

I was never a big fan when he was at the top but now he's not there i miss him because the tour misses a player his quality challenging Federer, Nadal and now Novak.

I just wish fatso would get back into shape because it would make such a difference.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
dave against nadal indoors?

on paper, dave has a great shot. The surface suits his game and he will be able to dictate against nadal. We will see whether he comes to play though.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Highly unlikely Dave will bring his A game, but if he does, he's difficult to beat and will make a match out of it. His serve has improved so he should be able to get some free points. He's going to have to come to net after some of his combos to finish the point off because unlike his other opponents, Nadal won't be worked over by a one-two or one-two-three combo that Fat Dave can do so sublimely well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bet the two of them are batteling it out on playstation tonight. May the best man win...I've been hoping for this match-up for years.

·
Your visions will happen
53,643 Posts
I suspect that today's Nadal-Murray match will far outshine tomorrow's.
But lets be honest, dear. Anything less than Nadal over Federer on Sunday in a sublime display of defense, tactics, clutch serves, aggression, vamos, and an overall match tighter than Nalbandian in spandex would you rate higher than the one today, no? ;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But lets be honest, dear. Anything less than Nadal over Federer on Sunday in a sublime display of defense, tactics, clutch serves, aggression, vamos, and an overall match tighter than Nalbandian in spandex would you rate higher than the one today, no? ;)
do you realise you just said anything would rate higher than Nadal vs Murray except for Nadal beating Federer :confused:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.