Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 71 82.6%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a few people chatting about this in other posts.

I understand Nadal isn't in the greatest of form but Roland Garros is still his best Tournament and it

would surprise none of us should he go deep or win it. The same story goes for Djokovic, so should they meet

in the Quarters very early who takes it and why?

Nadal because perhaps Djokovic wouldn't be expecting him that early and perhaps Nadal could find some form?

Or perhaps Djokovic because Nadal could still be out of form and choking all over the place not to mention

Nadal normally peaks at the end of slams.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Djoker probably is one who can beat nadal in Rg. But wen it comes to FO nadal will turn in to a beast. Will be an epic match if they meet.

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
Everyone else

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Clayray

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Djokovic surely. Less pressure on him to just progress to semis than if it's the championship match; more pressure on Nadal to actually prove he's getting back to his best.

However, I believe in rule of three: Federer and Nadal had an epic Wimbledon rivalry that spanned 2006-8; Nadal and Federer had an epic RG rivalry that spanned 2006-8; Djokovic and Nadal have had an epic RG rivalry spanning 2012-14. They won't meet this year.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
i think smaller pressure could actually help Nole

would be very tough for Nole to beat Rafa in the final (or even semi)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,559 Posts
However, I believe in rule of three: Federer and Nadal had an epic Wimbledon rivalry that spanned 2006-8; Nadal and Federer had an epic RG rivalry that spanned 2006-8; Djokovic and Nadal have had an epic RG rivalry spanning 2012-14. They won't meet this year.
so pretty much either Nadal or Djokovic has to fall early, or very rare - both. and presumably on different halves

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
so pretty much either Nadal or Djokovic has to fall early, or very rare - both. and presumably on different halves
Correct - it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a) they're on different sides of the draw and b) one of them falls before the final.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Seen a few people chatting about this in other posts.

I understand Nadal isn't in the greatest of form but Roland Garros is still his best Tournament and it

Nadal needs ranking points, if he e.g. loses in the F making 1200 points, he will probably be no.3 at the race, so meeting Djokovic as early is not so good, no.

Nadal needs Djokovic as tired as possible, so QF again is no mucho good, no, muy better if Djokovic plays Fognini, Nishikori at QF, Murray SF and then Nadal who easilly dispatched Feliciano, Berdych at QF, Ferrer or Federer SF, no.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Rafa's form has always improved as the tournament progresses. Drawing Novak this early is scary for a guy with confidence and form issues. But he is a different animal at the French Open so it's impossible to rule him out.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Less pressure on Djokovic in a QF, less confidence/belief for Nadal in a QF. As somebody rooting for Djokovic this tournament, this is what I was hoping for in the draw.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I told you guys almost all winning streaks end at FO. Let see whether Nadal could stop Djokovic as Federer did it in 2011 when Djokovic beat him many times .

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Ha!

Just logged on here after a few drinks at Uni, only to see that the draw has come out, and my prayers have been answered.

Now, the question is will Nadal keep his date with The Son of God No1e Djesusov1c, or will he lose to Almagro?

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Now, the question is will Nadal keep his date with The Son of God No1e Djesusov1c, or will he lose to Almagro?
That would be hilarious. At the same time MTF would implode from the anti-climax

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Less pressure on Djokovic in a QF, less confidence/belief for Nadal in a QF. As somebody rooting for Djokovic this tournament, this is what I was hoping for in the draw.

I dont believe this for a sec.

Nole was been unstopable all year long. He wants this so bad. Yes he beat Rafa in MC. But this is RG.

Pressure is on both almos equaly.

Those who want Nole to win this are sayong just that, trying to put pressure on Rafa. But that nonsense.

Can Rafa do this? Maybe. No roof over his head. No night games. No Bernades. Sure there is Nole, maybe Murray after them Stan or Fed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts