Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way Nadal destroyed the field in acapulco and he was not even giving 100 per cent, on the high bouncing courts in Indian Wells Nadal must be favourite to get his 4th title there or at least make final.

Either way it is almost certain he withdraws from Miami as he always has done since 2013 when he had a good run in Indian Wells.

Djokovic on the other hand apparently added Dubai to his schedule after just before Australia to try to increase his lead over Nadal ranking wise. That has not worked obviously.

Will be interesting to see if Djokovic skips Miami as well as he has no points to defend there. Both should be skipping Miami which is far less important prestige wise than IW

·
Registered
24 Posts
The way Nadal destroyed the field in acapulco and he was not even giving 100 per cent, on the high bouncing courts in Indian Wells Nadal must be favourite to get his 4th title there or at least make final.

Either way it is almost certain he withdraws from Miami as he always has done since 2013 when he had a good run in Indian Wells.

Djokovic on the other hand apparently added Dubai to his schedule after just before Australia to try to increase his lead over Nadal ranking wise. That has not worked obviously.

Will be interesting to see if Djokovic skips Miami as well as he has no points to defend there. Both should be skipping Miami which is far less important prestige wise than IW
In my opinion he should try to add this missing title in his trophy cabinet.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Nadal is nothing compared to Djokovic. Your tears are laughable. Why are you crying so much ?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He is nothing thats why he leads 19 to 17 in GS and have more masters. Typical Djokotards
That comment of mine was specifically written to MichaelNadal2. Just ignore what I wrote.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
If he does well (Semifinal or Final) at Indian Wells, there's a good chance he will skip Miami. Usually, Rafa more or less tries to repeat the same calendar like the prior year. He added Miami to his calendar in 2018 and 2019, but skipped it in the end. The last time Rafa played in Miami was in 2017, when he lost to Federer in the final.

Of course, as a fan, I would love to see Rafa winning once in Miami (and also Paris and Shanghai, if he can). However, he does not seem to prioritize these three events at this stage of his career, skipping them quite often.

·
|
15,486 Posts
In my opinion he should try to add this missing title in his trophy cabinet.
I doubt Miami will make Rafa feel any better about his career.
It may, but I certainly don't feel the need to win Miami when you can get some rest just before playing most likely every match in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Roland Garros and Wimbledon....

·
justice for all
16,885 Posts
Why exactly IW is to be more prestogious than Miami as OP claims? That’s a statement taken out of one’s ass. There’s no rationale behind it.
Nadal may withdraw from Miami cause he knows he has no chance to win as he didn’t even once in his entire career.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Skipping Miami makes perfect sense. One more HC than give the body a rest before the most important season for Rafa.

·
Your visions will happen
50,134 Posts
Why exactly IW is to be more prestogious than Miami as OP claims? That’s a statement taken out of one’s ass. There’s no rationale behind it.
Nadal may withdraw from Miami cause he knows he has no chance to win as he didn’t even once in his entire career.
All the reason NOT to skip it

Rafa won Acapulco no sets dropped and has 12 days before IW

So long as healthy he should try to win an event he never has

1 - 20 of 28 Posts