Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nadal: "Umpires doesn't want to see what the public wants. This isn't sport to me"

Rafael Nadal against the 25 seconds rule: 'They don´t want what the public likes!'

Monaco was mad at the umpire: "I don’t know what happened, he was mad at the end. Sure, the warning he received after that point seemed exaggerated to me. After all, it seems that who umpires doesn’t want to see what the public wants to see. People like to see fights over the points, with long rallies; they don’t clap their hands for an ace, or a serve. They clap for long rallies, where you suffer, where you see the players’ abilities. It seems that who decides the rules is against these things! They aim at a table tennis style of play, one fast shot after the other, where you don’t have to think. This isn’t sport to me. I understand Juan, he got a warning after a very long rally, running from side to side, he obviously needed to rest. When this rule on seconds became effective, I already said that it was very pressing and I would have had to adapt myself and my game. But my opinion is different from what I am forced to do".

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Rafael-Nadal-against-the-25-seconds-rule-They-dont-want-what-the-public-likes-articolo17859.html

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Re: Nadal: "Umpires doesn't want to see what the public wants. This isn't sport to me

Another thread about Nadal complaining about the time violation rule. NID

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Re: Nadal: "Umpires doesn't want to see what the public wants. This isn't sport to me

Only fangirls pay to see you scratch your arsecrack, Rafa.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

Mutual fellatio now performed publicly. (But there's always only 1 "winner")

Nadal doesn't like the sport anyway, he likes the rules changed for his own pleasure. And thug his way through victories.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts

"They don't clap their hands for an ace"? Seriously? Didn't know he played with earplugs.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts

Already said this many times but Dull has no respect for the game. Who cares what some IDIOT spaniard fangirls tell him? I want to see fast tennis. Many do.

Or at the very least, to limit the time wasting.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

I think he needs to re-evaluate his opinion because the ability to ace your opponent or finish a point quickly is also a skill. However, I agree audiences tend to engage more in rally-dominated matches than serve-dominated matches.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts

Dull's not happy that WTF is played only indoors, he is not happy abut the 25 s rule, he is not happy about the out-of-competition drug tests, he's not happy about the ranking system but he is happy with the fact that grass and HCs have been slowed down. What a great guy he is unlike the other mugs (Federer, Wawrinka, Murray) that accept the rules how they are.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

Yeah, I'm sure public wants to see him scratch his ass and smell his fingers for a minute between the points. Dull is delusional.

·
Registered
21,269 Posts

Nadal, please do us a favour and just shut up. Stop complaining about this rule all the time. You are just coming across like a whiny bitch.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

NID this dull. nobody wants to see you take forever between points ,of course he's not going to like the rule.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts

Nadal and Agassi coming out with some crackers today.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

If I wanted to see who can run more and better, I'd watch marathon. I absolutely do not want to watch 30+ strike rallies except as an exception, not a rule. I also don't want to spend an hour of a three hour match watching players do their routines preparing to serve.
Man up, Rafito. Stop whining and play within the rules. It's a perfectly reasonable time to serve. Has been for decades.
The amount of self-importance he shows by pushing his own agenda over and over again is dizzying. Someone please tell him he's not bigger than the game and the game is not there to be suited to his needs. While we're at it, his brand of tennis is a borefest to many, many tennis fans, myself included. As if the game hasn't been changed enough to favor grinders :rolleyes:

·
21,308 Posts

Nadal is absolutely right. How can a sport have objective rules? It should all be on public opinion. #1 should be decided by who is trending the most on twitter. Winner of a match should be decided reality-TV style. The person who gets more votes advances to the next round.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts

Nadal isn't very clever, is he?

It's Nadal's choice to engage in prolonged rallies, because the vast majority of the time that's what they are. They absolutely do not need to be that long.

Nadal should (I say should, because the rule is not properly enforced) adapt his tactics around the rules of tennis, not tennis altering its ways for him.

He's said the same thing about 100 times now. Not an ounce of common sense floating around his skull.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

Two things.

1. The source and is this the complete interview? what was the context?
2. Rafa should keep his lips sealed :smash: :smash:. He is better that way. Sometimes he can be :facepalm:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Nadal being stymied from GOATdom by harsh umpiring is one of the great tragedies of world sport.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

So obnoxious how he thinks everything should revolve around his own game, and anything other than that is somehow wrong. And utterly obnoxious how he keeps pushing his comments to 'the public' - "this is what the public want to see, no?" Shut up.

(Undoubtedly he's been programmed to say all this by Unc, of course)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Has Nadal ever considered that the public, as he says, doesn't want to watch him pick his butt for 30sec between every point?

1 - 20 of 164 Posts