Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nadal: "Tsonga's victory at the AO was nothing to do with him, I didn't play good"

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48248

Q. The other day Rafa said that the first time you beat him, it wasn't so much about your game but he didn't play good that day. What do you think about that?
JO-WILFRIED TSONGA: I don't know, but today if I played like the last time I won in two sets for sure. Today it was more difficult for me because my game in the back was not very good, backhand, it was very difficult to play and that's it. But maybe if he says that, he's right. I don't know.
Too true, Rafa showed yesterday what happens when he plays anywhere above average. No-one can stop him :cool:

Roger should learn to lose graciously like this :D

Great response from Tsonga. A real sportsman. He's the real #1.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Re: Nadal: "Tsonga's victory at the AO was nothing to do with him, I didn't play good

Did Rafa really say that!! I don't believe it but if he did I am a bit disappointed in him. I was happy he won a great match yesterday but comments like this are not welcome. It is better to accept that Tsonga played great in AO.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Re: Nadal: "Tsonga's victory at the AO was nothing to do with him, I didn't play good

:retard:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Only human, those players... ALL of them. ;)

EDIT: perhaps it's a good idea to not just post lose quotes that might get misinterpreted or used as cannon fodder to stir up haters... but the entire interview instead?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts

in the post ao interview Nadal did say Tsonga played great and he had not chance to win at all, big contradiction. I agree with Tsonga

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
35,682 Posts

You pigtards are so stupid :eek:

When Nadal plays guys like Tsonga, Berdych, Youzhny etc on HC it 100% depends on how they play and not Nadal, if they are on they will easily wipe Nadull off the court.

Tsonga played great at the AO and look what happened.

Tsonga played HORRIBLE yesterday, spraying errors everywhere and he still managed to serve for the match, (of course he choked) you guys are one of a kind :eek:

Don't worry, Blake will win tonight :)

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48248

Too true, Rafa showed yesterday what happens when he plays anywhere above average. No-one can stop him :cool:

Roger should learn to lose graciously like this :D

Great response from Tsonga. A real sportsman. He's the real #1.

that doesnt sound like Rafa. maybe too much golf in the sun is frying his brains. he already thinks he is running less on the court and that his matches are significantly shorter.

i call that clueless. i am his biggest fan but its time to wake up. there is reason why he has not won a title since last july of last year.

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts

First of all we must acknowledge that it was a reporter who quoted Rafa in his question to Jo. The reporter could have twisted the words of Rafa or taken it out of context. There is no reference to the original interview where it was said, so you can't be sure that Rafa said it or meant it. Secondly, if Rafa's comments were in Spanish the reporter could have misunderstood or deliberately wants to shit stir. Good for Jo that he didn't take the bait. Rafa already acknowledged in his post match interview that Jo had played exceptionally well that day. All players believe in themselves and when they lose they think if they had played well in key moments they would have won. What I saw in AO was Jo was playing unbelievebly well he was in the zone. Rafa was shell shocked and played worse than he normally would. If he played a little like yesterday he could have turned it a round or taken it to 5 sets. However, it's too late for that. Hindsight is always 20/20, as they say. I don't think there is anything wrong in what Rafa said. Yesterday, Rafa played horribly in the 1st set and deserved to lose it. In the 2nd set he fought back and showed touches of his old self and got back his game in the tb. In the 3rd set he was a gonner but the old Rafa came out when facing the barrel of the gun and he clawed and fought to force the victory. Jo wilfried is right when he says his backhand deserted him. As I saw it was the relentless pounding of his backhand and the characteristic rottweiler like attitude of Rafa that didnt allow him to close the match. It wasn't Jo choking as much as Rafa not allowing him to play as he would have liked that finall decided the match. For me it was great to see Rafa come back from the abyss. I like both of them and they are great exuberent young men. However to take the hindsight comment of Rafa to bash him is unfair but Mtf posters are so well known for that.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts

rafa won the mental game this time but both played terrible tennis, unlike at the AO when tsonga was brilliant.

tsonga just didnt have that drive this time

P.S. and i doubt rafa said that. he might've said he played bad but not the tsonga part

·
Registered
24 Posts

Nadal didn't say exactly what stupid journalists put in his mouth. He never said that Tsonga didn't play great to deserve that win. He only said that he himself didn't play at his best, and many people will agree. But he also said that IW surface suits his game much better than the one at AO, so he feels more confident here.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

I was totally misquoted.

Q. Did you think at all about the match in Melbourne during this match?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no. 100% not, no? It's always a different match and normal match. In Melbourne, he played at an unbelievable level. I didn't play my best, for sure, there.
But the ball and the court is a little bit different here, no? The ball is getting a lot topspin, so much more than Australia, so that's help me a little bit for me.
For the rest, well, I didn't play -- I play better today than in Australia, but I say the conditions are better here for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts

He almost got owned again... really weird comment coming from Rafa if that's what he really said, journalists are an evil race.

·
Banned
7,774 Posts

Rafa is an idiot if he actually said this. When you lose 2 3 2 you better believe it has something to do with your opponent

·
Registered
6,926 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts

I wonder if people who post here try to read the previous comments first. You know, that might help you a bit.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

You pigtards are so stupid :eek:

When Nadal plays guys like Tsonga, Berdych, Youzhny etc on HC it 100% depends on how they play and not Nadal, if they are on they will easily wipe Nadull off the court.

Tsonga played great at the AO and look what happened.

Tsonga played HORRIBLE yesterday, spraying errors everywhere and he still managed to serve for the match, (of course he choked) you guys are one of a kind :eek:

Don't worry, Blake will win tonight :)
:hug:

I think if Rafa had seved better in Australia, he'd probably have won the match. Just because if it got into a dogfight (every set TBs or very close) his experience and temperament would have won out.
i am his biggest fan
:spit: :haha: :haha:

Mountains out of molehills as usual for MTF.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

I have respect for Nadal. My friends hate him so much for the way he looks, and for his lack of English skills, but to me he is very nice. I am not fan of Rafa by any means, but he is ok guy, and the reported lied.
He said that Tsonga played error free game, and that was why he couldn't get any rhythm.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts