Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Nadal wins Madrid, Rome and RG this year, he will overtake Borg and Sampras who both retired with 64 titles. Currently he has 62 titles.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Yes. He is again close to his best form. He is winning Madrid without dropping a set (couldn't do that in 2010 or 2013 and in Hamburg earlier) for the first time. With Nole's problems I can see him winning both Rome and RG and also expect some damage at Wimby from him.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Open Era titles won

Jimmy Connors 110
Ivan Lendl 94
Roger Federer 78
John McEnroe 77
Björn Borg 64
Pete Sampras 64
Guillermo Vilas 62
Rafael Nadal 62
Andre Agassi 60

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. He is again close to his best form. He is winning Madrid without dropping a set (couldn't do that in 2010 or 2013 and in Hamburg earlier) for the first time. With Nole's problems I can see him winning both Rome and RG and also expect some damage at Wimby from him.
I concur.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Just wait for FO . Djokovic won MC vs Rafa with injured ankle so you never know . Nole would not play Rafa till FO maybe.I am sure he is very well for FO.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Tell me who Rafa played in this tournament to give him a fight ?! Berdych ?!LOL
:)

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Make me admin and I'll make jinxing a bannable offense.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Another unsuccessful jinxing attempt by the laughing stock of MTF :lol:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
If Nadal wins Madrid, Rome and RG this year, he will overtake Borg and Sampras who both retired with 64 titles. Currently he has 62 titles.
62 + 3 = 65
you are correct.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Open Era titles won

Jimmy Connors 110
Ivan Lendl 94
Roger Federer 78
John McEnroe 77
Björn Borg 64
Pete Sampras 64
Guillermo Vilas 62
Rafael Nadal 62
Andre Agassi 60
Connors has 109 in all the official records, not 110. Which one have you added?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:lol: no i dont think he will win all 3 at all...

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I think Nole will win Wimbledon or the USO. Maybe both? RG? Not this year.
No it will be FO . Novak plays the same games as Nadal last year at Wimbledon when he was defeated by Darcis and then went to win two MS 1000 and US Open. Everyone was lulled that he is injured but he was not. Novak had nothing to defend in Madrid why to play there when he can have a rest and train hard. Plus Nadal has a lot of points to defend :)

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
The GOAT only has 78 titles?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts