Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is obvious there is an issue for Djokovic as his DTLBH is absent at the moment and his speeds are way down that side, his best shot.
Tsitspas (or rather his father during illegal coaching) spotted it and started kicking serve out wide to BH.
Over 5 sets Nadal is going to break that side down one would think.
But for that injury, which not serious but enough to be a factor, i would have backed Djokovic

·
|
15,647 Posts
Carreno Busta said Djokovic was forced to use the medical time-out due to not being able to handle the pressure early on.
"He didn't surprise me (by asking for a medical time-out). It's a good thing. It's a sign that he is losing and that I was playing well, because he always does that," Carreno Busta said.
"Every time the match gets complicated, he asks for medical assistance.
"It's something that he has been doing for years. When he is down, he asks for the trainer.
"I don't know, maybe it's the pressure or something that he needs to do it.
"But, I mean, he continues playing normal, no? I don't know if he's (in) pain really or (the issue is) mental. Ask him."

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,752 Posts
Tsitspas (or rather his father during illegal coaching) spotted it and started kicking serve out wide to BH.
Not sure I agree. Djokovic literally had (or at least it felt that way) a break point on every Tsitsipas serving game in the 4th and 5th set.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
....and that's what the Nadal camp will think, only to be hit by a blizzard of DTLBHs in the final. They don't call him the Djoker for nothing you know.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
This is just wishful thinking. I saw some very powerful backhands when he went for it. Also, it's the final of RG and the most important match in tennis history. Novak will be willing to die on the court if necessary. He won't hold back on any of his shots.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Haha....good one!

The reality is Djokovic has never known a real injury in his life. He is absolutely fine right now.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
....and that's what the Nadal camp will think, only to be hit by a blizzard of DTLBHs in the final. They don't call him the Djoker for nothing you know.
A real Federer fan would hate Djokovic to win given Jelena Djokovic and Srdjan have routinely bad mouthed Federer lol

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is just wishful thinking. I saw some very powerful backhands when he went for it. Also, it's the final of RG and the most important match in tennis history. Novak will be willing to die on the court if necessary. He won't hold back on any of his shots.
Have you heard of Roger Federer lol. Tomorrow is less important than W 2008, AO 2017 and many Fedal matches, the two leaders of the Major race. Keep whining.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts